• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I thought the post office was a "Gun Free Zone"

Metalhead47

Your logic is faulty. Obviously the problem is not enough regulation. Obviously the solution is to mandate a gun free zone within 1000 feet of a post office.

Just like around schools.

Y'know, since no one ever get shot at a school.

:banghead:

amzbrady

Your logic is faulty. Obviously the problem is not enough regulation. Obviously the solution is to mandate a gun free zone within 1000 feet of a post office.

Just like around schools.

Y'know, since no one ever get shot at a school.

:banghead:

It's a good thing malls ban guns so that we are all safe while shopping with hundreds of other shoppers we dont know. It has prevented any shootings happening there... Oh, wait, maybe not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacoma_Mall_shooting :cuss:

This is the exact reason to carry concealed on private property where guns are posted to be banned.

Last edited:

Metalhead47

It's a good thing malls ban guns so that we are all safe while shopping with hundreds of other shoppers we dont know. It has prevented any shootings happening there... Oh, wait, maybe not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacoma_Mall_shooting :cuss:

This is the exact reason to carry concealed on private property where guns are posted to be banned.

Durn right. I'd never go into a mall unarmed. Some lunatic in there might have a gun! :eek:

amzbrady

Durn right. I'd never go into a mall unarmed. Some lunatic in there might have a gun! :eek:

I guess thats where the training comes in, 2 legal citizens armed and were unable to stop the threat. If your gonna carry, be sure your ready, willing and able to use that firearm. I would hope people dont carry for show.

heresolong

I guess thats where the training comes in, 2 legal citizens armed and were unable to stop the threat. If your gonna carry, be sure your ready, willing and able to use that firearm. I would hope people dont carry for show.

Training or willingness to shoot? My understanding is that he drew his pistol but felt that he didn't have a clear shot and didn't want to risk hitting a bystander so re-holstered and attempted to talk the shooter down. If I remember correctly he was a former Marine so ability to shoot may not have been an issue.

tombrewster421

Seems to me that this is more proof that "Gun Free Zones" do not exist. Why not just name them "Unarmed Victim Zones" since that is why they create.

It's all about the feelings. If you put it that way, no one would want to go there. Gotta make it SOUND good. Personally, I think these places would get more business if they advertised "free gun zone".

Aaron1124

There really needs to be a U.S. Preemption on firearms. This is getting really frustrating. Especially those states that say "It's not illegal here in ________, but we let the cities decide if you can be armed in city limits or not."

devildoc5

They should just start posting signs that say "Legal Firearms Prohibited" :banghead:View attachment 4291

I think something like this would be more appropriate:

GunFreeSign.jpg