Thread: Political satire billboard taken down

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Political satire billboard taken down

We don't need to worry about the government violating our free speech, we have created a generation of politically correct sheep to do it for them. Next to the anti-gun crowd the politically correct agenda has and will continue to erode our personal freedoms like no other tactic.

http://www.wtvy.com/home/headlines/B...105180699.html
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Not deep enough in the Woods, Wisconsin, USA
    All I have to say is that the direction that our country is headed is downhill. And fast.

This is all very sad. What was it our country was based on again? Very many have forgotten or don't appreciate what our men and women of the armed services have died for. Sad.

Banned
    Is President Obama the new Mohammad? We are not allowed to mock him?

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    nope new Allah, so definitely can't mock him.

Centurion
    I would like to communicate with the sign OWNER and apologize to him and his wife for all the twits in the county.
    "Political Correctness" will destroy America IF WE LET IT.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    I would like to communicate with the sign OWNER and apologize to him and his wife for all the twits in the county.
    "Political Correctness" will destroy America IF WE LET IT.
    "will"?

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    "will"?
    Point taken....

PC HAS and will continue to destroy AMERICA IF WE LET IT!

I don't see the big deal with the billboard, but maybe it was the particular area. I get threats all the time for messages on our billboard, but never considered taking one down over them. But sometimes they just don't get the desired result, and despite any disapprovals, that ends up the reason for a change. Might have been something like that which caused the removal, and the threats were just an excuse.

I wonder if those offended would also be offended by the anti-abortion protesters holding aborted fetus signs? Doubt it, that would be free speech then.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    We can test the theory by seeing if he'll cut off your head with a rusty saw to prove how non-violent he is....

Quote Originally Posted by AyatollahGondola View Post
    I don't see the big deal with the billboard, but maybe it was the particular area.
    I kind of doubt it. I grew up a hour away from Grand Junction and went to college in Grand Junction. The city itself may lean kind of left but the county and the area around it tends to be on the right side. According to the story he got complaints at his work but decided to take it down when his wife started getting calls. He never said any of the calls were threatening but I can see where he is coming from, wanting to protect his family in case someone decided to take it out physically on them because of it. Some of you may say that he shouldn't give into threats and intimidation and I wish he hadn't. However it was his choice on where to draw the line.
    Last edited by Bebop; 11-03-2010 at 04:58 PM.