• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Political satire billboard taken down

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

Hunting Mama

Not deep enough in the Woods, Wisconsin, USA
All I have to say is that the direction that our country is headed is downhill. And fast.

This is all very sad. What was it our country was based on again? Very many have forgotten or don't appreciate what our men and women of the armed services have died for. Sad.

JoeSparky

Centurion
I would like to communicate with the sign OWNER and apologize to him and his wife for all the twits in the county.
"Political Correctness" will destroy America IF WE LET IT.

AyatollahGondola

I don't see the big deal with the billboard, but maybe it was the particular area. I get threats all the time for messages on our billboard, but never considered taking one down over them. But sometimes they just don't get the desired result, and despite any disapprovals, that ends up the reason for a change. Might have been something like that which caused the removal, and the threats were just an excuse.

Bebop

I don't see the big deal with the billboard, but maybe it was the particular area.

I kind of doubt it. I grew up a hour away from Grand Junction and went to college in Grand Junction. The city itself may lean kind of left but the county and the area around it tends to be on the right side. According to the story he got complaints at his work but decided to take it down when his wife started getting calls. He never said any of the calls were threatening but I can see where he is coming from, wanting to protect his family in case someone decided to take it out physically on them because of it. Some of you may say that he shouldn't give into threats and intimidation and I wish he hadn't. However it was his choice on where to draw the line.

Last edited: