• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Conversation with Mike Carrell

Squeak

Soooooooooo, back to the top. Mike Carrell is one that is in agreement on 2A. If each one contacts their rep. and lets them know what we're up against, we could get things rolling. JT59 mentioned the awb. Tell your rep about it. A lot of you know of other bills or items that need addressing. I am going to talk to my rep, Jan Angel, about my concerns. I think we should hit them with only a few topics in order to keep things simple. I'm not that knowledgable on the RCWs as BigDave,GoGo,Deros,Amlevin,JT59, TriggerDr, DevilDoc,and others. We need some of you guys that KNOW what the RCW says and what it actually means to step up and and get the ball rolling. I want to help, but as I said, I'm not that well rehearsed on what to say.

devildoc5

I personally think right now that one of the biggest things we need to work on is the rewording or annihilation of .270. What causes alarm? What is in a manner time and place? maybe placing something in it that says "a properly holstered or concealed weapon is not in and of itself suffecient to cause alarm."

That and the whole CPL in a car thing is another one that I think should be changed.

Obviously Constitutional Carry, but I am not sure if WE as a state are ready for that yet...:(

Last edited:

amlevin

1100 and 1105 both passing would be a clusterf**k, would be almost as bad as if neither passed.

How so? If they both do pass a Court will more likely than not just say "OK, this part is in both so it's OK. These two are in conflict so we'll either discard those parts or blend them as much as possible. Just because there are two "competing" initiatives that are passed, doesn't mean that there will be all that much confusion.

In the end, the Government will be in our lives in one less area.

One thing I was reading in this AM's paper that made me even more in favor of getting the State out of the Liquor business was this. It seems that since the passage of the "Steele Act" in the 30's the WSLCB has been "tasting" various liquors and wines, making a decision on what brands THEY think we should have. Not what we would like, but what THEY like. So if I happen to like a brand of scotch that their "taster" thinks tastes like paint thinner, and won't stock it, I can't buy it in Washington. They go for the stuff that tastes like it was squeezed out of a sour sponge used to clean the rail in a wino bar instead because it's cheap and they can make boo-gobs of profit.

When I want a Cigar it won't be an El Producto and when I want a glass of Scotch it better be of "voting age". I don't need the State's official "taster" to pick anything out for me.

Last edited:

Lucky_Dog

You can special order most anything into the current system. It does not need to be listed to get it in this state. It just needs to be legal.

amlevin

I believe you are mistaken and should do a bit of research to see how untrue that statement is.

I've been doing my "research" for years. I traveled in my work and have been to every single state in the US. I have seen what I can buy "off the shelf" in other States and know what I have NOT been able to do so in this state.