• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Weekly San Diego OC Meet 2

Gundude

It kinda depends on the weather. I don't drive well in the rain at night. The benifits of getting old. Put me down for a definate maybe.

chewy352

It kinda depends on the weather. I don't drive well in the rain at night. The benifits of getting old. Put me down for a definate maybe.

Maybe you can catch a ride with LEO. I would come pick you up but I'll be out shootin dinner. :)

Last edited:

Firemark

Its really about the meeting in public that matters. Normalizing the idea and view of firearms on law abiding citizens, and education. The pretext of meeting for a meal is helpful to explain to any potential "gestapo" style Popo, or hoplophob citizen why armed individuals have gathered. Until the "sky is falling" mentallity changes, its wise not to give anyone a reason to be overly concerned.

"Why no officer, we are not loitering, we are here to eat a meal."

RockerFor2A

Just got home from the meetup. It was nice to meet many of you. I was one of two first-timers there. Looking forward to the next one and getting the word out. Also, going to look into a decent voice recorder or doing some tests with my iPhone 3G to make sure it's up to the task. Probably best to have a dedicated one though. Sam was kind enough to share the make and model number of his so I may look into that.

One of the topics discussed, which I agree with completely is that these meetings serve as good ways to sort of ease newbies (such as myself!) into this, but that in order for meaningful change to occur more of us have to take on the responsibility of properly educating and equiping ourselves and then "flying solo." This is arguably the most efficient way to make more impressions and educate the public. Sam and Nathan and others have actually done much of the heavy lifting already and made it easier on the rest of us. I'm going to work toward doing some solo OC. I'm thinking I'd probably want to do it on some "friendly" turf first-- at least jurisdictions where LE has been educated. I live in Lemon Grove and they contract with the Sheriff's Department for patrol, so I'm not sure what the Sheriff's Dept. is like to deal with. I'd welcome any input from OC'ers who have had contact with San Diego Sheriff's Deputies and can offer any insight into what to expect.

Also, credit given where credit is due, I have to say that without Nathan (who couldn't make it) and his brother Sam and the Reader cover story, I would have likely never heard about the OC movement. I was one of the likely many Californians that had no idea I had this right and would have assumed it was illegal, which I think the antis would want us to believe. Any way, it was nice to meet some of you and I look forward to being more involved.

Last edited:

Firemark

Really wanted to make it, but I was stuck at work. I had an E chack with Sheriffs couple of weeks ago, they were friendly and polite.

might have been some well trained nice ones. What to expect, I say always hope for the best, but dont ever rule out being proned out, it can happen.. I always try to respond in kind to reciprocate mature friendly LE behavior.. Let snide comments roll off your back, be confident in your lawfullness. Odds are LE are more likely to break a law then you are in an encounter with them.

elsensei

thanks to everyone who attended, and we will be meeting this monday as usual, this time in clairemont, details in a separate thread.