• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is kentucky REALLY as OC friendly as you say?

KRM59

someone who does not need to carry a badge

He works for LMPD? I have cousin who is on the Metro force and when I asked her (while she was at Academy no less) what the training was for LOC encounters she told me quite pointedly and in a drone voice (stood the hair up on the back of my neck!!) "Shoot'em in the head" and "you can't just carry a gun".

that is just sad, our hard earned tax dollars at work.

Ivan Sample

Not to step on anyone toes in here. But if that was her true reaction, she should not be working on any Police Dept. That scares the hell out me. Because all the LMPD Officer I talk to and deal with on a regular basis tells me different about OCing. Even Correction Officers here who have arrest powers tells me that they wouldn't mine because its our rights. Maybe she needs to go back and re-read them (Constitutional Rights-that our fore father provided for us) or maybe her training Officer needs to sit down and have a very long talk with her. Because she is giving LMPD a bad reputation and they don't need that due to enough stuff that they are dealing with. To me that is like throwing gas on a fire-sooner or later someone or something is going to get burn. I tell you now that is going to be her!

Last edited: