Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Chuck E Cheese

  1. #1
    Activist Member golddigger14s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lacey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,990

    Chuck E Cheese

    My daughter recently got a job with CEC, so I asked about their gun policy and she said "No Weapons". So I sent an e-mail to CEC and here is the reply and my answer.:

    Thank you for your quick response. However your lack of support for state and federal laws, and and lack of support of AMERICAN 2A RIGHTS, will preclude me from ever doing business with your establishments. Since my rights, holster, and WALLET are firmly attached I shall no longer frequent your establishment. The safety of me and my family will not be compromised! Your establishment is a place where felons know that they are allowed to safely carry a weapon, because "law abiding citizens" do not have the right to protect themselves.
    No reply is required since you will not agree anyway.

    > From: bholloway@cecentertainment.com
    > > Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 14:27:53 -0500
    >
    > Weapons, including guns (loaded or unloaded), knives, martial arts
    > instruments, "brass knuckles" and any instrument which could be considered
    > threatening to the physical well being and safety of our employees and
    > guests are strictly prohibited on CEC premises.
    >
    > -----Original Message-----
    > From: Contact Us Form [mailto:contact@chuckecheese.com]
    > Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2010 10:56 AM
    > To: guestrelations@cecentertainment.com
    > Subject: Guest Relations
    >
    >> Location:
    > Concern: other
    > Comments: I live in WA state, which is an Open Carry state. Do you permit
    > law abiding citizens to open carry in your restaurants? If yes or no please
    > send me a word/pdf document to my e-mail which outlines your official
    > corporate policy.
    > Flash_version: Flash Installed. version: 10.1.53
    > Browser_version: Safari 533.18 on Mac
    Last edited by golddigger14s; 10-20-2010 at 01:59 PM.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

  2. #2
    Regular Member ODA 226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Etzenricht, Germany
    Posts
    1,598
    PLEASE DON'T DO THIS AGAIN! It only encourages businesses to post "No Firearms" signs.

    I've OC'd many times in CEC's with no problems what-so-ever.
    Last edited by ODA 226; 10-20-2010 at 10:52 AM.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    The poster already had been told that the store had a no-gun policy. So, he checked with corporate.

    That's the way to handle it:

    1. Just carry.
    2. When you are told that an establishment is "no carry," check with corporate.
    3. If corporate says "no carry," then don't carry.

    I think he handled it right!

    What causes these random huge red fonts?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    1,558
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    The poster already had been told that the store had a no-gun policy. So, he checked with corporate.

    That's the way to handle it:

    1. Just carry.
    2. When you are told that an establishment is "no carry," check with corporate.
    3. If corporate says "no carry," then don't carry.

    I think he handled it right!

    What causes these random huge red fonts?
    THIS simply is the best way to handle it. Yet saying it encourages company s to post more signs is ludicrous. Showing them your not happy with their decision and when their pocket book starts getting light they will be forced to change policy or go broke. This may have not been an issue with them or would they have ever been worried about a few years ago, but with the economy being so terrible it is a make or break decision. I have seen many of the site I work security for have been forced to change their policy because customers have taken their business else where. Several owners have asked me what I thought and I told them it is a foolish move. Why push away paying honest customers to your competitor and inviting the scum bags to do harm to your bottom line and your workers. Their reply isn't this why your here to do just that and stop them. I reply and say yes but I cant not be in every inch of the store at every second. Consider these people who CC and open carry as free back up. After they get robbed in the few hours we aren't there their policy quickly changes.
    Last edited by zack991; 10-20-2010 at 11:42 AM.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    330
    Sounds more like he picked a fight. If nobody has had a problem with CEC, why inquire? If he planned to go to CEC for something other than to push buttons, I think he should have gone. If it were posted, then contact corporate. I appreciate someone taking a stand for their rights but this seems like he needed someone to tell him he couldn't carry so he could be angry.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    My daughter recently got a job with CEC, so I asked about their gun policy and she said "No Weapons". So I sent an e-mail to CEC and here is the reply and my answer...
    The OP asked his daughter, an employee. She said "No Weapons." His daughter has to go to work everyday unarmed, so he checked corporate policy. Wouldn't you???

    Folks, please read the OP carefully before responding.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    The OP asked his daughter, an employee. She said "No Weapons." His daughter has to go to work everyday unarmed, so he checked corporate policy. Wouldn't you???

    Folks, please read the OP carefully before responding.
    If the daughter had asked on her own accord, I would not have had a problem. If she were worried about being armed at work, she should have checked before she started working there.

  8. #8
    Activist Member golddigger14s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lacey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,990

    Training

    My daughter was told this during her training. She was told if she sees someone OCing, or CC (printing) to tell them to leave and come back without the gun. It is also in the employee handbook. She is only 16 and can't carry if she wanted to (and she doesn't).
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    My daughter was told this during her training. She was told if she sees someone OCing, or CC (printing) to tell them to leave and come back without the gun. It is also in the employee handbook. She is only 16 and can't carry if she wanted to (and she doesn't).
    golddigger,

    Did she ask what their policy was on her own or did you tell her to ask? Or, did they offer the information during training? It seems odd to me that any business would address what to do if someone were armed unless they had an incident on the premises. If that were the case it seems less likely that they would ask a new employee to approach an armed individual and request them to leave. I agree that it is bad form for CEC to treat law-abiding citizens in such a fashion but a little wierd that the subject was brought up in the first place. If your daughter were pro-OC or just wanted to keep something close, then shouldn't she have asked in the interview? Is "no guns allowed" a deal breaker for her? I hate to seem like a doubter but, well I am. Can we get more details on how she came to find that CEC was anti-gun?

  10. #10
    Regular Member Jack House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    I80, USA
    Posts
    2,661
    Why would you want to shop at a place with a no guns policy/sign even if you could ignore them?

  11. #11
    Regular Member Brimstone Baritone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Leeds, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    786
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    Why would you want to shop at a place with a no guns policy/sign even if you could ignore them?
    Well, maybe the manager doesn't care one way or the other (or even supports carry) but is required by the chain, or his manager, or his insurance company to post the signs and nominally enforce them. OR maybe the manager knows you and trusts you, but is still uneasy with random people carrying in his store.

    In Alabama, signs don't carry the force of law. I carry unless asked to leave, but honestly I've never shopped anywhere posted.

  12. #12
    Regular Member Jack House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    I80, USA
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdonalk View Post
    Well, maybe the manager doesn't care one way or the other (or even supports carry) but is required by the chain, or his manager, or his insurance company to post the signs and nominally enforce them. OR maybe the manager knows you and trusts you, but is still uneasy with random people carrying in his store.

    In Alabama, signs don't carry the force of law. I carry unless asked to leave, but honestly I've never shopped anywhere posted.
    Yeah but to shop at such a place only encourages said behavior. *shrugs*

  13. #13
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    Dear bholloway and CEC Customer Relations:

    I recently learned you prohibit law-abiding citizens from exercising our Constitutional rights to protect and defend ourselves and our families on your premises. I've never been worried about any threat from a normal, fellow patron of your store, whether they're carrying a firearm or not.

    Rather, I'm concerned about the law-breaking lunatics who would see your establishment as an undefended location containing a lot of people. These lunatics have repeatedly made whatever lunatic statement such lunatics make by firing on undefended people as did the perps in Luby's, Columbine, Virginia Tech, and many similarly undefend massacre locations.

    As I choose not to place myself or my loved ones at unnecessary risk by frequenting your Constitutional-rights denying establishment, I'll be taking myself, my friends, and my family elsewhere, to one of the many fine establishments around town who fully respect our Constitutional rights.

    Sincerely,


    since9
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

  14. #14
    Regular Member massivedesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Olympia, Washington, USA
    Posts
    866
    Hm... I CC'd at the Olympia CEC just the other day.. didn't want to OC since it was Westfields property and they are anti everything..

  15. #15
    State Researcher HankT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Invisible Mode
    Posts
    6,217
    Quote Originally Posted by ODA 226 View Post
    PLEASE DON'T DO THIS AGAIN! It only encourages businesses to post "No Firearms" signs.

    I've OC'd many times in CEC's with no problems what-so-ever.
    Seems to me that gd14 handled it in a reasonable manner. There is more than one way to do this type of inquiry/complaint. He picked a reasonable one.


    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    As I choose not to place myself or my loved ones at unnecessary risk by frequenting your Constitutional-rights denying establishment, I'll be taking myself, my friends, and my family elsewhere, to one of the many fine establishments around town who fully respect our Constitutional rights.
    Are there any other pizza/party/entertainment places in town that allow OC ("fully respect...") that one can go to?

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Fairborn, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    13,063
    Generally speaking, I am in the don't ask camp, for the reason in red above. However, in this case he was acting based on his daughter's employment. I think he handled it correctly.

  17. #17
    Activist Member golddigger14s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lacey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,990

    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Generally speaking, I am in the don't ask camp, for the reason in red above. However, in this case he was acting based on his daughter's employment. I think he handled it correctly.
    Thanks eye95.

    I guess most people didn't read the part about the gun issue being part of new employee training. She did not bring the subject up, it is an automatic subject of their training. After she told me about it is when I went to corporate to confirm their stance.

    Also even though she is my daughter she doesn't care for my OCing or or guns in general, but I love her anyway. I think we can let this thead die now.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

  18. #18
    State Researcher HankT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Invisible Mode
    Posts
    6,217
    Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Thanks eye95.

    I guess most people didn't read the part about the gun issue being part of new employee training. She did not bring the subject up, it is an automatic subject of their training. After she told me about it is when I went to corporate to confirm their stance.

    Also even though she is my daughter she doesn't care for my OCing or or guns in general, but I love her anyway.
    What are her objections to guns and OC that she shares with you, gd14?

    Does she object to your OCing when you're with her?

  19. #19
    State Researcher Bill Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nortonville, KY, USA
    Posts
    4,291
    Quote Originally Posted by HankT View Post
    Are there any other pizza/party/entertainment places in town that allow OC ("fully respect...") that one can go to?

    Yes, while its not CEC, we did have an OC meet there last summer.

    DelBrocco's Pizza, Steak, & Hoagies
    3908 6th Ave # B, Tacoma, WA 98406-4900
    (253) 756-7445 () ‎ delbroccos.com

    The OP handled it the same way that I would have. Management said NO but I would have went higher to get an answer to insure it was not some manager with his own agenda.
    Last edited by Bill Starks; 11-01-2010 at 04:37 PM.

  20. #20
    State Researcher Bill Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nortonville, KY, USA
    Posts
    4,291
    CEC has also been added to www.friendorfoe.us as a foe to the 2A.

  21. #21
    Regular Member Walt_Kowalski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ashburn, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    355
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    The poster already had been told that the store had a no-gun policy. So, he checked with corporate.

    That's the way to handle it:

    1. Just carry.
    2. When you are told that an establishment is "no carry," check with corporate.
    3. If corporate says "no carry," then don't ever spend your hard earned dollars there. go somewhere that wants your money AND respects your rights.

    I think he handled it right!

    What causes these random huge red fonts?
    Fixed for you.
    Last edited by Walt_Kowalski; 11-01-2010 at 05:13 PM.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
    -- George Washington

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •