• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chuck E Cheese

golddigger14s

Activist Member
My daughter recently got a job with CEC, so I asked about their gun policy and she said "No Weapons". So I sent an e-mail to CEC and here is the reply and my answer.:

Thank you for your quick response. However your lack of support for state and federal laws, and and lack of support of AMERICAN 2A RIGHTS, will preclude me from ever doing business with your establishments. Since my rights, holster, and WALLET are firmly attached I shall no longer frequent your establishment. The safety of me and my family will not be compromised! Your establishment is a place where felons know that they are allowed to safely carry a weapon, because "law abiding citizens" do not have the right to protect themselves.
No reply is required since you will not agree anyway.

> From: bholloway@cecentertainment.com
> > Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 14:27:53 -0500
>
> Weapons, including guns (loaded or unloaded), knives, martial arts
> instruments, "brass knuckles" and any instrument which could be considered
> threatening to the physical well being and safety of our employees and
> guests are strictly prohibited on CEC premises.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Contact Us Form [mailto:contact@chuckecheese.com]
> Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2010 10:56 AM
> To: guestrelations@cecentertainment.com
> Subject: Guest Relations
>
>> Location:
> Concern: other
> Comments: I live in WA state, which is an Open Carry state. Do you permit
> law abiding citizens to open carry in your restaurants? If yes or no please
> send me a word/pdf document to my e-mail which outlines your official
> corporate policy.
> Flash_version: Flash Installed. version: 10.1.53
> Browser_version: Safari 533.18 on Mac

Last edited:

ODA 226

PLEASE DON'T DO THIS AGAIN! It only encourages businesses to post "No Firearms" signs.

I've OC'd many times in CEC's with no problems what-so-ever.

Last edited:

eye95

The poster already had been told that the store had a no-gun policy. So, he checked with corporate.

That's the way to handle it:

1. Just carry.
2. When you are told that an establishment is "no carry," check with corporate.
3. If corporate says "no carry," then don't carry.

I think he handled it right!

What causes these random huge red fonts?

zack991

The poster already had been told that the store had a no-gun policy. So, he checked with corporate.

That's the way to handle it:

1. Just carry.
2. When you are told that an establishment is "no carry," check with corporate.
3. If corporate says "no carry," then don't carry.

I think he handled it right!

What causes these random huge red fonts?

THIS simply is the best way to handle it. Yet saying it encourages company s to post more signs is ludicrous. Showing them your not happy with their decision and when their pocket book starts getting light they will be forced to change policy or go broke. This may have not been an issue with them or would they have ever been worried about a few years ago, but with the economy being so terrible it is a make or break decision. I have seen many of the site I work security for have been forced to change their policy because customers have taken their business else where. Several owners have asked me what I thought and I told them it is a foolish move. Why push away paying honest customers to your competitor and inviting the scum bags to do harm to your bottom line and your workers. Their reply isn't this why your here to do just that and stop them. I reply and say yes but I cant not be in every inch of the store at every second. Consider these people who CC and open carry as free back up. After they get robbed in the few hours we aren't there their policy quickly changes.

Last edited:

rmansu2

Sounds more like he picked a fight. If nobody has had a problem with CEC, why inquire? If he planned to go to CEC for something other than to push buttons, I think he should have gone. If it were posted, then contact corporate. I appreciate someone taking a stand for their rights but this seems like he needed someone to tell him he couldn't carry so he could be angry.

eye95

My daughter recently got a job with CEC, so I asked about their gun policy and she said "No Weapons". So I sent an e-mail to CEC and here is the reply and my answer...

The OP asked his daughter, an employee. She said "No Weapons." His daughter has to go to work everyday unarmed, so he checked corporate policy. Wouldn't you???

Folks, please read the OP carefully before responding.

rmansu2

The OP asked his daughter, an employee. She said "No Weapons." His daughter has to go to work everyday unarmed, so he checked corporate policy. Wouldn't you???

Folks, please read the OP carefully before responding.

If the daughter had asked on her own accord, I would not have had a problem. If she were worried about being armed at work, she should have checked before she started working there.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Training

My daughter was told this during her training. She was told if she sees someone OCing, or CC (printing) to tell them to leave and come back without the gun. It is also in the employee handbook. She is only 16 and can't carry if she wanted to (and she doesn't).

rmansu2

My daughter was told this during her training. She was told if she sees someone OCing, or CC (printing) to tell them to leave and come back without the gun. It is also in the employee handbook. She is only 16 and can't carry if she wanted to (and she doesn't).

golddigger,

Did she ask what their policy was on her own or did you tell her to ask? Or, did they offer the information during training? It seems odd to me that any business would address what to do if someone were armed unless they had an incident on the premises. If that were the case it seems less likely that they would ask a new employee to approach an armed individual and request them to leave. I agree that it is bad form for CEC to treat law-abiding citizens in such a fashion but a little wierd that the subject was brought up in the first place. If your daughter were pro-OC or just wanted to keep something close, then shouldn't she have asked in the interview? Is "no guns allowed" a deal breaker for her? I hate to seem like a doubter but, well I am. Can we get more details on how she came to find that CEC was anti-gun?

Jack House

Why would you want to shop at a place with a no guns policy/sign even if you could ignore them? :confused:

Brimstone Baritone

Why would you want to shop at a place with a no guns policy/sign even if you could ignore them? :confused:

Well, maybe the manager doesn't care one way or the other (or even supports carry) but is required by the chain, or his manager, or his insurance company to post the signs and nominally enforce them. OR maybe the manager knows you and trusts you, but is still uneasy with random people carrying in his store.

In Alabama, signs don't carry the force of law. I carry unless asked to leave, but honestly I've never shopped anywhere posted.

Jack House

Well, maybe the manager doesn't care one way or the other (or even supports carry) but is required by the chain, or his manager, or his insurance company to post the signs and nominally enforce them. OR maybe the manager knows you and trusts you, but is still uneasy with random people carrying in his store.

In Alabama, signs don't carry the force of law. I carry unless asked to leave, but honestly I've never shopped anywhere posted.
Yeah but to shop at such a place only encourages said behavior. *shrugs*

since9

Campaign Veteran
Dear bholloway and CEC Customer Relations:

I recently learned you prohibit law-abiding citizens from exercising our Constitutional rights to protect and defend ourselves and our families on your premises. I've never been worried about any threat from a normal, fellow patron of your store, whether they're carrying a firearm or not.

Rather, I'm concerned about the law-breaking lunatics who would see your establishment as an undefended location containing a lot of people. These lunatics have repeatedly made whatever lunatic statement such lunatics make by firing on undefended people as did the perps in Luby's, Columbine, Virginia Tech, and many similarly undefend massacre locations.

As I choose not to place myself or my loved ones at unnecessary risk by frequenting your Constitutional-rights denying establishment, I'll be taking myself, my friends, and my family elsewhere, to one of the many fine establishments around town who fully respect our Constitutional rights.

Sincerely,

since9

HankT

State Researcher
PLEASE DON'T DO THIS AGAIN! It only encourages businesses to post "No Firearms" signs.

I've OC'd many times in CEC's with no problems what-so-ever.

Seems to me that gd14 handled it in a reasonable manner. There is more than one way to do this type of inquiry/complaint. He picked a reasonable one.

As I choose not to place myself or my loved ones at unnecessary risk by frequenting your Constitutional-rights denying establishment, I'll be taking myself, my friends, and my family elsewhere, to one of the many fine establishments around town who fully respect our Constitutional rights.

Are there any other pizza/party/entertainment places in town that allow OC ("fully respect...") that one can go to?

eye95

Generally speaking, I am in the don't ask camp, for the reason in red above. However, in this case he was acting based on his daughter's employment. I think he handled it correctly.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Thanks

Generally speaking, I am in the don't ask camp, for the reason in red above. However, in this case he was acting based on his daughter's employment. I think he handled it correctly.

Thanks eye95.

I guess most people didn't read the part about the gun issue being part of new employee training. She did not bring the subject up, it is an automatic subject of their training. After she told me about it is when I went to corporate to confirm their stance.

Also even though she is my daughter she doesn't care for my OCing or or guns in general, but I love her anyway. I think we can let this thead die now.

HankT

State Researcher
Thanks eye95.

I guess most people didn't read the part about the gun issue being part of new employee training. She did not bring the subject up, it is an automatic subject of their training. After she told me about it is when I went to corporate to confirm their stance.

Also even though she is my daughter she doesn't care for my OCing or or guns in general, but I love her anyway.

What are her objections to guns and OC that she shares with you, gd14?

Does she object to your OCing when you're with her?

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Are there any other pizza/party/entertainment places in town that allow OC ("fully respect...") that one can go to?

Yes, while its not CEC, we did have an OC meet there last summer.

DelBrocco's Pizza, Steak, & Hoagies
transparent.png

3908 6th Ave # B, Tacoma, WA 98406-4900
(253) 756-7445 () ‎ delbroccos.com

The OP handled it the same way that I would have. Management said NO but I would have went higher to get an answer to insure it was not some manager with his own agenda.

Last edited: