Thread: Florida sees rise in justifiable homicide ..." MJS Vilmetti comments on WI gun law

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Florida sees rise in justifiable homicide ..." MJS Vilmetti comments on WI gun law

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/105215084.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilmetti
    The executive director of the Florida Coalition to Stop Gun Violence told the TImes the law has turned Florida into the Wild West. "What in the hell is our state government doing passing a law encouraging our citizens to solve disputes with guns?" he told the paper. "This is the right-to-commit-murder law."
    Don't miss the standard comments from the usual suspects.
    Last edited by Doug Huffman; 10-20-2010 at 07:38 AM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Originally Posted by Vilmetti
    The executive director of the Florida Coalition to Stop Gun Violence told the TImes the law has turned Florida into the Wild West. "What in the hell is our state government doing passing a law encouraging our citizens to solve disputes with guns?" he told the paper. "This is the right-to-commit-murder law."
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/105215084.html
    Don't miss the standard comments from the usual suspects.
    Florida Coalition to Stop Gun Violence would rather you be dead or in jail than "justified."
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Thanks for the acknowledgement of our righteous faith.

Just think of the money that Florida has saved by not supporting these scum bags for decades. And think of all of those daughters of liberals and regular people that are now saf(er). My hat is off to the GOOD people of Florida.
    IF YOU WANT TO BURN OUR AMERICAN FLAG, PLEASE WRAP YOURSELF UP IN IT FIRST...

WOW they know it is coming and are trotting out all the old stand by arguments already. Next thing they will be writing about is the police chief's association saying they would have to treat everyone as if they are armed during all traffic stops or some other such nonsense.
    I had to change my signature because you know who got upset about it.

Banned
    "Stand your ground" sounds just like what Wisconsin needs. broader then the Castle Doctrine and offers the carrier protection under the law for defending themselves inside their vehicle or in public. Works for me!
    Last edited by J.Gleason; 10-20-2010 at 08:57 AM.

We can only wish things were as violent as in the "Wild West". Some people watched toomany B Western when they were growing up.

The Wild West of Myth and Reality
    The American Wild West has been immortalized in song and story. But just how wild was the Wild West?

By Earl Hunsinger

The Wild West the very expression conjures up images of stagecoaches and bat-wing door saloons, and of men facing each other in a dusty, tumble weed strewn street, ready to draw their guns and shoot it out. But just how wild was the Wild West?

.................--Edited by Moderator--

(11) RESPECT COPYRIGHT HOLDERS: We often share news stories with one another. Please remember that these stories are copyrighted material and only post a fair-use excerpt along with a link where the rest of the story may be read.
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

Provided a link for you this time.
    http://www.buzzle.com/articles/the-w...d-reality.html
    Last edited by Captain Nemo; 10-20-2010 at 04:32 PM.

Remind me not to mug people in Florida.
    Nice to see that the good people of that state are standing up and telling the BGs "no".

Thumbs up I Love Florida's Castle Doctrine!

Quote Originally Posted by AaronS View Post
    Remind me not to mug people in Florida.
    Nice to see that the good people of that state are standing up and telling the BGs "no".
    I lived in Florida when the law was passed and when it went into effect. Oh, it was great! The criminals also keep up with what is happening and pay attention to these things. Every state should have the Florida Castle Doctrine as law!

On 1 October, 2005 the People of Florida had the right to protect themselves WHEREVER THEY HAD THE LEGAL RIGHT TO BE and they could not be charged with a crime (if they were protecting themselves) OR (and this is VERY important) be taken to civil court by ANYONE. Now that is GREAT! Also, did you guys (and gals) know that Florida also has a law FORBIDDING the registration of ANY firearms? And that if there is a registration scheme of any kind it is a fine of $5 million per violation. Walmart was going to videotape EVERY gun purchase in their stores across the nation (are they doing that now?) which is a defacto "registration" scheme. It would have cost them untold millions in Florida.

Banned

I am pleased and proud to be a fellow nuke!

Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    Also, did you guys (and gals) know that Florida also has a law FORBIDDING the registration of ANY firearms? And that if there is a registration scheme of any kind it is a fine of $5 million per violation. Walmart was going to videotape EVERY gun purchase in their stores across the nation (are they doing that now?) which is a defacto "registration" scheme. It would have cost them untold millions in Florida.
    I am pleased and proud to be a fellow nuke! I did not know that, that Florida statutorily prohibits registration. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

In addition to CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY we demand prohibition of de jure and de facto registration.

Thumbs up And We Can Thank Jeb Bush For That!

I am pleased and proud to be a fellow nuke! I did not know that, that Florida statutorily prohibits registration. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

In addition to CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY we demand prohibition of de jure and de facto registration.

I didn't keep up with much politics back then but I do know that Jeb was NOT a "George". Jeb did some things in Florida that were actually honest and "For The People". He signed the "Castle Doctrine" right away as well as the law forbidding "Gun Registration". I also remember him saying no to a state representative who wanted to tax every roll of toilet paper. I remember Jeb saying something to the effect that "We have more important things to do than to tax people for how many rolls of toilet paper they buy". That was a "Mastercard Moment"!

Banned

Is this it?

The 2010 Florida Statutes

Title XLVI
    CRIMES

Chapter 790
    WEAPONS AND FIREARMS

View Entire Chapter

Lists, records, or registries to be destroyed.

Any list, record, or registry maintained or under construction on the effective date of this act shall be destroyed, unless prohibited by law, within 60 calendar days after this act becomes law. Thereafter, failure to destroy any such list, record, or registry may result in prosecution under this act.
    History.

s. 2, ch. 2004-59.

Thumbs up Florida Anti-Gun Registration Statute

The 2010 Florida Statutes

Title XLVI
    CRIMES

Chapter 790
    WEAPONS AND FIREARMS

View Entire Chapter

Lists, records, or registries to be destroyed.

Any list, record, or registry maintained or under construction on the effective date of this act shall be destroyed, unless prohibited by law, within 60 calendar days after this act becomes law. Thereafter, failure to destroy any such list, record, or registry may result in prosecution under this act.
    History.

s. 2, ch. 2004-59.
    http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/.../0790.335.html

Snip: 790.335

Prohibition of registration of firearms; electronic records.

There is a lot to this and I believe if you follow the appropriate links in the statute you will find the fines imposed. It has been a long time since I read this (over 3 years) but I DO remember the $5 million dollar fine. I wrote Walmart (this is when I was still in Florida) and informed them that they could be fined $5 million for each "gun registration" they videotaped. Walmart never replied.

Oops..I meant "Gun Registration" Law

I meant to say "Gun Registration" ....sorry!

I like the FL laws! Wish they hadn't put in that "unless prohibited by law" phrase... without that, even the ATF couldn't maintain records! Wouldn't that be nice?