• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Proposed legislation regarding lost and stolen firearms

Edward Peruta

The Department of public safety is proposing the elimination of the current protections for Permit Holders who report a firearm lost or stolen in a timely manner.

This proposed legislation gives increased authority to the Department of Public Safety to revoke, (based on SUITABILITY), Permits to Carry, by eliminating the current exemption language from current law.

Here is a link to the proposed legislation:

http://www.ctgunrights.com/03.Political/2011/Revocation%20for%20Lost%20or%20Stolen%20firearms0001.pdf

Last edited:

KIX

I'm starting to wonder how much time we will need to spend in Hartford during this session!

Jonathan

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The Department of public safety is proposing the elimination of the current protections for Permit Holders who report a firearm lost or stolen in a timely manner.

This proposed legislation gives increased authority to the Department of Public Safety to revoke, (based on SUITABILITY), Permits to Carry, by eliminating the current exemption language from current law.

Here is a link to the proposed legislation:

http://www.ctgunrights.com/03.Political/2011/Revocation for Lost or Stolen firearms0001.pdf

"The acts and circumstances behind the loss or theft of a firearm can vary significantly; in some cases those factors may in fact indicate that the owner is not suitable to carry a handgun in public."

Are there not specific terms for the revocation of a Permit to Carry? Is this to be a new criteria/standard to be determined by "suitability" to determine whether to revoke or not?

Seems very subjective to me.