• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Attempted Carjacking - Detroit

Bailenforcer

This why my only 9 MM is a Browning practical loaded Corbon 115 GR JHP that Chrono at 1423 + out of the longer Browning barrel. And if that won't do the 357 Magnum 125 gr semi JHP at 1500 plus will stop em. Always have backup.

Not really. If you do some web searches you can find a lot of people who have been shot that many times and more by 9mm and smaller guns, who kept attacking, later bleeding to death, and in some cases even surviving. Additionally, for a guy who was already shot, managing to spray that many rounds off and make at least some of them connect, I think it's just about as it should have been.

Ruckus

I was on my favorite pinko radio station tonight commenting on this topic. They had me on for nearly 2 minutes discussing self defense, situational awareness, and responsibilty of one's own safety. My last words were "Self defense is not vigilantism" as vigilantism seemingly came up on air a lot today. Strangely enough, the hosts of the show agreed with everything I said.

Last edited:

kryptonian

file this one under 'that's what he gets'
it is a clear cut black and white situation. no grey area. this is a textbook case. wonder what the dead robber's family has to say about that? this family man was approached by an armed assailant threatening death. even tho a non-violent option may have been given the victim - give the car up- he still brought a weapon with deadly intent upon this man. he chose and initiated violence and was met with deadly force. the victm was with his family and he had a duty to protect them. the robber chose this path and rightfully got it back. i hope the victim loses no sleep from the outcome of this.

Wglide90

On Fox2 evening News, stated "he took the law in his own hands". I don't think that is accurate per the situation. Selfdefence when shot and protecting family is just that, selfdefence, which is within the law. This guy did the right thing. No way give up car with son in back. BTW, the woman with him was in store, and was not his wife, but his girlfriend. He may want a long hospital stay to to fully recover before going home to wife. Oh well, his wife said he was good man even though he cheated on her. I guess he must be! Anyway he just could have saved his son's life for sure.

Last edited:

Wglide90

Also the pics showed some unfired rounds on ground, looked like 9mm JHP Gold Dot or PDX1 or similar. Looked like a lot of glass shot and bullet holes in the Escalade. After he got shot and shot the jacker, he picked up jacker's gun and then went in gas station store. He had been shot in face, hip and leg. hope the best for him.

Bailenforcer

If this was me in the hospital after that shootout. I would sue the media the Inspector doughnut and anyone else who spread the lies and accusations against me. This would make a great defamation test case. Calling him a Vigilante, accusing me of an illegal act of taking the law into my own hands is clear defamation.

On Fox2 evening News, stated "he took the law in his own hands". I don't think that is accurate per the situation. Selfdefence when shot and protecting family is just that, selfdefence, which is within the law. This guy did the right thing. No way give up car with son in back. BTW, the woman with him was in store, and was not his wife, but his girlfriend. He may want a long hospital stay to to fully recover before going home to wife. Oh well, his wife said he was good man even though he cheated on her. I guess he must be! Anyway he just could have saved his son's life for sure.

TheQ

I wonder what Type of Ammo, Cartridge type, brand, and sub-brand each shooter was packing. We'll probably never know.

Wglide90

Q.. I watched clip on Fox2 yesterday that showed the shells on ground and I saw unfired rounds as well. They looked like 9mm PDX1s or Gold Dots. These are designed to do lots of damage. Don't know who's they were. They're not cheap. don't know typical bad guy round type, but BGs probably don't buy $1+/round ammo. Well that's probably stolen too.

Last edited:

Michigun

really? I verified it working before i posted. try going to google and search: driver-turns-tables-on-carjacker-in-detroit
you should see the myfoxdetroit link. click on the "cached" link underneath. it still works for me.

Bailenforcer

The link is good they removed that article. I saw the comments below the article and there was mass support for the Yukon owner / victim and some not so nice comments about the moron inspector Doughnut aka Dolunt.

the link appears to be broken can anyone send that interview link to me? its the one PD posted, thanks

Last edited:

TheQ

Q.. I watched clip on Fox2 yesterday that showed the shells on ground and I saw unfired rounds as well. They looked like 9mm PDX1s or Gold Dots. These are designed to do lots of damage. Don't know who's they were. They're not cheap. don't know typical bad guy round type, but BGs probably don't buy $1+/round ammo. Well that's probably stolen too.

I use SPEER GoldDot 9mm 146 and Hornady Critical Defense 9mm 115 for the purpose of Carry/Defense. Technically, I buy the Police "duty" rounds (if you look up the number on the box), which is the same stuff, just a different box. The place I buy carry ammo from happens to be a police supply store.

Anywho, I alternate the rounds in my magazine between GD/CD.

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA

I've always said, when you're out of town, make sure you have the right girl on your arm. Now I think I'll add.. Make sure you ARM the right girl.springerdave.

NHCGRPR45

I use SPEER GoldDot 9mm 146 and Hornady Critical Defense 9mm 115 for the purpose of Carry/Defense. Technically, I buy the Police "duty" rounds (if you look up the number on the box), which is the same stuff, just a different box. The place I buy carry ammo from happens to be a police supply store.

Anywho, I alternate the rounds in my magazine between GD/CD.

why???

kryptonian

did anybody else see the update on this guy? was with his girlfriend cheating on his wife. this incident brought this relationship to light. the morality aside he is getting death threats from the dead robber's family and friends. that i find to be unbelievable. that scumbag car jacking-attempted murdering low life has supporters. UNBELIEVABLE!!! people that are going to kill you for revenge aren't going to call and stop by with threats. they'll just do it. this man is getting victimized even more. UNBELIEVABLE!!!