• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Attempted Carjacking - Detroit

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I'm betting it's because he had his for sale ad pulled.

Bronson

Yep, if I have to follow certain rules on this forum, then so do others.

The lesser infraction/exception is now the equal of a major violation of terms of use?

Personally I find the rules very easy to understand and the application fairly administered. They are neither harsh nor too lax and the reasoning frequently has been explained.

Does this go beyond seeking conformity and fairness for all users? I sincerely hope not - such would be neither be gentlemanly nor honorable IMO.

PDinDetroit

Bronson

So, let me get this straight...

A. T Vance posts a For Sale Ad, violating Forum Rule 10 and which violates Forum Owners' Contractual Agreements with a 3rd Party Company.

OCDO FORUM RULES said:
(10) WE DO NOT ALLOW "FOR SALE" OR RAFFLE ADS: We use Google Ads to help cover the expenses of the forum and their rules specifically disallow the sale of firearms, ammo and accessories (including the raffle of such). The good news is that one of our newest sponsors, OutdoorsTrader.com offers just such a service.

B. Admins pulled the For Sale Ad and T Vance took exception to this.

C. T Vance then decides to enforce Forum Rules against anyone he feels is violating them and specifically Forum Rules #8 violations. This appears that he is "taking it out" on others here on OCDO, which shows in the follow-up posts made by such people.

OCDO FORUM RULES said:
(8) KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused.

D. T Vance, by this action, is now violating Forum Rules #9 due to the causation of the For Sale Ad being pulled and is now taking out his "HATE" upon others.

OCDO FORUM RULES said:
(9) HATE IS NOT WELCOME HERE: Any posts attacking others based upon race, religions, national origin, sexual orientation, or anything other than opposition to gun rights is NOT WELCOME HERE! We reserve the right to impose immediate bans for such behavior.

I like you T Vance and have enjoyed your posts here and on other sites. What you are doing here is not OK. I ask you to please stop.

stainless1911

Banned

Bronson
Thanks for getting this out. (forwarded to mod)

Ha! reported to mods!

A. T Vance posts a For Sale Ad, violating Forum Rule 10 and which violates Forum Owners' Contractual Agreements with a 3rd Party Company.

C. T Vance then decides to enforce Forum Rules against anyone he feels is violating them and specifically Forum Rules #8 violations. This appears that he is "taking it out" on others here on OCDO, which shows in the follow-up posts made by such people.

D. T Vance, by this action, is now violating Forum Rules #9 due to the causation of the For Sale Ad being pulled and is now taking out his "HATE" upon others.

I like you T Vance and have enjoyed your posts here and on other sites. What you are doing here is not OK. I ask you to please stop.

+1 PD

TheQ

This Forum has more internet drama than the Alternative lifestyle communities I belong to. Please, let's all grow up and start acting like adults lest the Brady bunch see us acting like children and use it as a reason to take our rights!!

stainless1911

Banned
It is also illegal to roll stop at a stop sign, but it is not something that you call 911 about. Cops can give (B.S.) tickets for this, but there was a cop last year that got into a great deal of trouble for writing too many tickets at one sign in particular. They did the right thing and changed the stop sign into a yeild sign.

Something that should have been done to almost all of them BTW.

T Vance

You agreed with me and did the same.

I encourage anyone that finds a thread/post to be "out of line" with the Forum Rules to utilize the "!" inside the triangle icon to report the thread/post to the Admins of this site. Mike (one of the Admins) has expressed to me that this is preferred method, as the information gets to him quicker than just a Private Message (PM) and allows him to perform the role of Admin better.

I don't see why you think I'm the only one who must abide by the rules. Somebody obviously noticed I was apparently breaking a rule and reported it (it being a thread I started for a sale). If others can't follow the rules, then they and their posts should be reported too.

In no way am I breaking rule #9 ((9) HATE IS NOT WELCOME HERE: Any posts attacking others based upon race, religions, national origin, sexual orientation, or anything other than opposition to gun rights is NOT WELCOME HERE! We reserve the right to impose immediate bans for such behavior.)

PDinDetroit

You agreed with me and did the same.

I don't see why you think I'm the only one who must abide by the rules. Somebody obviously noticed I was apparently breaking a rule and reported it (it being a thread I started for a sale). If others can't follow the rules, then they and their posts should be reported too.

In no way am I breaking rule #9 ((9) HATE IS NOT WELCOME HERE: Any posts attacking others based upon race, religions, national origin, sexual orientation, or anything other than opposition to gun rights is NOT WELCOME HERE! We reserve the right to impose immediate bans for such behavior.)

It is obvious that we will not agree, so I will make one attempt and leave it at that.

You decided to take out what happened to you on others, in my book that violates rule #9 (Any Posts attacking others based upon ... anything other than opposition to gun rights). If you did not have your thread deleted and did not post the things you had, then I would believe that your posts meant that you just wanted the rules to be followed for the good of OCDO. As it stands, it very much appears that it was done out of spite, especially given your profile location.

I have self-reported this post and asked the admins/mods to remove it if I violated Rule #9.

BTW - I wish I would have seen your For Sale post on MGO before I picked up an SKS on Saturday...

T Vance

It is obvious that we will not agree, so I will make one attempt and leave it at that.

You decided to take out what happened to you on others, in my book that violates rule #9 (Any Posts attacking others based upon ... anything other than opposition to gun rights). If you did not have your thread deleted and did not post the things you had, then I would believe that your posts meant that you just wanted the rules to be followed for the good of OCDO. As it stands, it very much appears that it was done out of spite, especially given your profile location.

What this boils down to is OCDO's "rules". Yes, apparently I broke one of them by posting a "for sale" ad. It was reported. If I have to follow the rules, then so does EVERYONE ELSE that posts on this forum. They were designed for a reason and nobody should get special treatment, nor should certain individuals be the only one's reported.

Autosurgeon had a thread locked because it dealt with LG carry. I don't necessarily agree with th topic being off limits, but those are the rules here on OCDO. Why aren't more people upset that his thread was pulled? Probably because everyone realizes those are OCDO's rules. If other threads aren't going to follow the same rules, then they deserve to be reported too.

Last edited:

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
I do not believe that either of the posters have violated Rule #9 as I intended it when I wrote the rule.

I am sorry that my deletion of the For Sale ad upset T Vance. But the revenue from the Google ads supports the hosting of the forum and I do not want to lose that. It certainly wasn't personal.

As for T Vance reporting other posts he felt were in the wrong forum, I moved those I felt should be moved and left those I felt were good enough where they were.

We are all on the same team and I hope we can move past this.

Thanks.

John

I have self-reported this post and asked the admins/mods to remove it if I violated Rule #9.

BTW - I wish I would have seen your For Sale post on MGO before I picked up an SKS on Saturday...

NHCGRPR45

I can see hitting one thread but when one makes a big deal about 5 or 6 it starts to look like they are being a jerk... and or are pissed about something else and taking it out here.

Also there was nothing wrong with the education this thread brought as it is good to think about what we would do if we were OCing in this situation... we cannot rely on the criminal to notice our gun and not attack!

agreed this is childish behaviour

agreed. gun related news stories have consistently been discussed here in the past, and in my opinion should continue to be. these are the kind of things that could have an effect on gun rights and OC.

good point

Nope, just trying to get everyone else to follow the rules just like I have to.

•(8) KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused.

this has been on topic. period things that happen to other CPL holders are important to us!

Bronson

hmmmm

ah ha, so its revenge for haveing to follow the rules yourself,,,,interesting

yup case solved, petty sad childish behaviour. suck it up vance and stop it. you get 10 minutes in the corner, and no supper.

NHCGRPR45

anybody know if the guy being carjacked carried his gun in his back pocket?

does it matter? he won the fight! he could have had the gun duct taped to his forehead for all i care, so long as he was able to use his way of carry, combined with his personal protection plan executed correctly when confronted by a lethal force attack! good job!

i don't condone duct taping a gun to your forehead, well not in public anyway.:rolleyes:

however, i have answered the door late at night and i had my HK USP .45ACP in my back pocket. it was a pair of denim shorts, it was in august and just outside fort polk louisianna, it was about 100 degrees and 100% humidity at 3AM!!!!
i felt justified in placing it there,,,flame on friends flame on,,,,,:monkey

budlight

Having your gun in your back pocket while answering the door was just fine and ideal in my opinion. By doing so you had your gun handy for protection, but not displayed in your hand for some innocent person to misinterpret.

Carrying it that way in public is a whole other story.

NHCGRPR45

Having your gun in your back pocket while answering the door was just fine and ideal in my opinion. By doing so you had your gun handy for protection, but not displayed in your hand for some innocent person to misinterpret.

Carrying it that way in public is a whole other story.

agreed.