• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NAACP releases report accusing tea party groups of links to bigots. KansasCity.com

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
http://www.kansascity.com/2010/10/19/2332666/naacp-releases-report-accusing.html

JUDY L. THOMAS said:
•The St. Louis-based Council of Conservative Citizens, the largest white nationalist group in the country, has both led and promoted tea party protests. Roan Garcia-Quintana, a member of ResistNet who served as media spokesman for a 2010 Tax Day Tea Party in South Carolina, is on the national board of directors for the Council of Conservative Citizens.

•Clayton Douglas, a former information officer for the New Mexico Militia, is a member of the ResistNet tea party. He uses his profile on the ResistNet website to advertise his own “Free American” website, on which he promotes anti-Semitism.

•The Wood County Tea Party in Texas is led by a woman who used to be involved with the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan.

•The 1776 Tea Party — also known as TeaParty.org — is led by Stephen Eichler, executive director of the Minuteman Project, an anti-immigrant border patrol group often referred to as vigilantes.

Brimstone Baritone

...so?

(That is not to say I agree with any of the above stated positions, I just don't see what they have to do with whether one pushes for smaller, more efficient government. I don't care if you believe that Yoda is the one true god and that midgets will inherit the Earth, as long as you can keep your beliefs out of my politics, and out of my gun rights.)

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Doug,

This is another drive-by posting. It would be nice to know what thoughts were behind your sharing this bit of trivia with us, but you do seem determined to keep your thoughts to your self.

I find that behavior rather amazing, considering how often you otherwise share your thoughts and opinions on a wide variety of topics.

So, tell us. What did you wish to share with us about this tidbit of news? How to you see it relative to the issue of firearms, RKBA, freedom or anything else?

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
No kidding, Doug. But did you notice the verb
?

So how about talking about the article? Got anything to say about it? Anything at all?

stay safe.