• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Florida Concealed, Can i OC in Georga

y2k_TA

I cary a florida concealed permit, we cannot OC in Fl at all, however i go to georgia quite often as we have lots of family there, i know that my concealed permit is honored by GA but does this also alow open cary?

Kingfish

Georgia law does not specify how one may carry. If you have a license/permit that is recognized by the state of GA (which you do) then you may carry in GA as long as you follow the laws of GA. It is the same as having a GA license.

That being said you COULD encounter an ignorant LEO who sees your "concealed" permit and makes trouble for you but the LAW is on your side.