Thread: Pilot Refuses Full-Body Scan, Says TSA Doesn’t Make Travel Safer. Another pilot hero

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Pilot Refuses Full-Body Scan, Says TSA Doesn’t Make Travel Safer. Another pilot hero

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/10/...-travel-safer/
    Quote Originally Posted by cBS/crAP staff
    Roberts says he has safety concerns, but called TSA a “make-work” program that doesn’t make travel safer.
    National job creation Obamanation welfare.

Shades of Captain Hero Sullenberger.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    National job creation Obamanation welfare.
    I thought Bush created the Thousands Standing Around program. I'd love to see Obama overturn it, but when has the federal government ever really voted for significant cuts in its departments (with the exception of NASA)?
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Banned

CNN: Pilot refuses full-body scan, pat down

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/10/20...iref=allsearch
    The TSA said in a statement that "security is not optional" and any person who refuses security screening is not allowed to fly.

"TSA's responsibility is to keep the traveling public safe and we use an unpredictable variety of security techniques to carry out this mission," the statement said.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    For crying out loud!

He's flying the d*mn thing.

That's like screening the driver of an F-14 or M1 Abrams.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Flying the damned thing, he gets there first.

Captain Hero Chesley Sullenberger for President! Better'n the poseur we got now.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    For crying out loud!

Exactly. TSA: "We cannot afford to risk having a pilot carry a 115 grain bullet aboard a 3,500,000,000 grain airplane. That constitute a clear and present danger to our job security."

That's 3.5 billion grains, by the way, or about half a million pounds.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    For crying out loud!

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Exactly. TSA: "We cannot afford to risk having a pilot carry a 115 grain bullet aboard a 3,500,000,000 grain airplane. That constitute a clear and present danger to our job security."

That's 3.5 billion grains, by the way, or about half a million pounds.
    Now that puts it in proper perspective
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

To paraphrase a pilot I knew. "I don't need a knife to fly this plane into the ground. I'm the pilot." When TSA found a tiny knife in the bottom of his bag. Makes no sense to subject the pilot to TSA checks. All the checks he needed should have been done before he got the job.

About a year after TSA launched, they interviewed the head of israeli air security( El al, IIRC), to get his idea on how TSA was doing....

His response was along the lines of.... 'Israel has a method of preventing hi-jackings, America has a method of ******* off passengers'

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoWeenie View Post
    About a year after TSA launched, they interviewed the head of israeli air security( El al, IIRC), to get his idea on how TSA was doing....

His response was along the lines of.... 'Israel has a method of preventing hi-jackings, America has a method of ******* off passengers'
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoWeenie View Post
    'Israel has a method of preventing hi-jackings, America has a method of ******* off passengers'
    And Israel gets the job done for 1/10th the cost, too.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

A Letter From the Pilot,

As published on LewRockwell.com

Pilot to TSA: 'No Groping Me and No Naked Photos'

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig11/roberts-m1.1.1.html
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by END_THE_FED View Post
    A Letter From the Pilot,

As published on LewRockwell.com

Pilot to TSA: 'No Groping Me and No Naked Photos'

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig11/roberts-m1.1.1.html

I don't blame the man. His rights were being INTENSELY violated.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Quote Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
    I don't blame the man. His rights were being INTENSELY violated.

Your darn right they were.
    The federal government is violating the rights of everyone who is given a choice between being strip searched or groped.

I don't remember seeing an air-travel exception to the 4th amendment.
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    To paraphrase a pilot I knew. "I don't need a knife to fly this plane into the ground. I'm the pilot." When TSA found a tiny knife in the bottom of his bag. Makes no sense to subject the pilot to TSA checks. All the checks he needed should have been done before he got the job.
    This reminds me of an article from "ask the pilot" where they took away a pilots cutlery.

http://www.salon.com/tech/col/smith/...skthepilot283/

I think the TSA runs most "ZERO-TOLERANCE" (zero common-sense) school policies for our children. Either that or the other way around.

Let's see... Which came first?

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    I think the TSA runs most "ZERO-TOLERANCE" (zero common-sense) school policies for our children. Either that or the other way around.

Let's see... Which came first?

TSA = Terminally Stupid Anuses

One reason I have not flown anywhere since before 9/11/2001
    Last edited by OldCurlyWolf; 10-27-2010 at 02:00 PM.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)