• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pilot Refuses Full-Body Scan, Says TSA Doesn’t Make Travel Safer. Another pilot hero

Tawnos

National job creation Obamanation welfare.

I thought Bush created the Thousands Standing Around program. I'd love to see Obama overturn it, but when has the federal government ever really voted for significant cuts in its departments (with the exception of NASA)?

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
For crying out loud!

He's flying the d*mn thing.

That's like screening the driver of an F-14 or M1 Abrams.

since9

Campaign Veteran
For crying out loud!

Exactly. TSA: "We cannot afford to risk having a pilot carry a 115 grain bullet aboard a 3,500,000,000 grain airplane. That constitute a clear and present danger to our job security."

That's 3.5 billion grains, by the way, or about half a million pounds.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
For crying out loud!

Exactly. TSA: "We cannot afford to risk having a pilot carry a 115 grain bullet aboard a 3,500,000,000 grain airplane. That constitute a clear and present danger to our job security."

That's 3.5 billion grains, by the way, or about half a million pounds.

Now that puts it in proper perspective :exclaim:

chiefjason

To paraphrase a pilot I knew. "I don't need a knife to fly this plane into the ground. I'm the pilot." When TSA found a tiny knife in the bottom of his bag. Makes no sense to subject the pilot to TSA checks. All the checks he needed should have been done before he got the job.

TechnoWeenie

About a year after TSA launched, they interviewed the head of israeli air security( El al, IIRC), to get his idea on how TSA was doing....

His response was along the lines of.... 'Israel has a method of preventing hi-jackings, America has a method of ******* off passengers'

DCKilla

About a year after TSA launched, they interviewed the head of israeli air security( El al, IIRC), to get his idea on how TSA was doing....

His response was along the lines of.... 'Israel has a method of preventing hi-jackings, America has a method of ******* off passengers'
+1

Michigun

OldCurlyWolf

I think the TSA runs most "ZERO-TOLERANCE" (zero common-sense) school policies for our children. Either that or the other way around.

Let's see... Which came first?

TSA = Terminally Stupid Anuses

:cuss:

One reason I have not flown anywhere since before 9/11/2001

Last edited: