• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Asked To Leave Norcal Tea Party Event For Open Carrying

The_Game

Easy to claim real life events.

I smell BS.

Try showering.

No but really, I say "I have witnessed this happen," you say "You're lying." Neither of us can prove our point. There's really nowhere to go with this if you refuse to believe an eyewitness account.

Last edited:

eye95

Try showering.

No but really, I say "I have witnessed this happen," you say "You're lying." Neither of us can prove our point. There's really nowhere to go with this if you refuse to believe an eyewitness account.

I did not say that you were lying. I asked you to back up your assertion. You can't or won't. I am moving on. Because of your reply, permanently.

The_Game

I did not say that you were lying. I asked you to back up your assertion. You can't or won't. I am moving on. Because of your reply, permanently.

I'm sorry I'm not some nutter who carries a video camera around to record every event in my life.

4angrybadgers

Try showering.

You're asking us to take you - a complete stranger that we know nothing about - on your word only, without any shred of proof. :rolleyes: Do you realize just how stupid that is?

Last edited:

The_Game

You're asking us to take you - a complete stranger that we know nothing about - on your word only, without any shred of proof. :rolleyes: Do you realize just how stupid that is?

Feel free to come follow me around with a video camera if you absolutely must have proof of things that happen in my presence.

4angrybadgers

Snakemathis

Feel free to come follow me around with a video camera if you absolutely must have proof of things that happen in my presence.

Or you could prove your statements? I dont doubt that it has happened once or twice. Every barrel has a couple bad apples, but its certainly not the norm. If the Tea Party was "a black panther group for white people" then there would be significant amounts of evidence to support that theory, however, you just saying you saw something happen doesnt really mean anything on the internet. After all, on the internet I can be the inventor of Coca-Cola. Just cause I say I am, doesnt mean I really am. Welcome to the internet.

eye95

Relax. Independant tests have confirmed it's as accurate as Encyclopedia Britannica, these days. The added benefit is that there are an order of magnitude (10x) more entries.

I don't know what this study is, but I would take issue with it.

There are folks who change articles on a daily basis to eliminate content with which they disagree and to insert controversial content with which they agree.

For articles that are purely informational, with zero controversial content, I rely on the accuracy of wikipedia. However, if the topic is controversial in the least, I have zero faith that the "facts" the article contains are factual at all.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I don't know what this study is, but I would take issue with it.

Here's one of several studies. It was published in Nature, a reputable, peer-reviewed scientific journal.

There are folks who change articles on a daily basis to eliminate content with which they disagree and to insert controversial content with which they agree.

And there are hundreds of thousands if not millions of subject matter experts who've each taken ownership of one or more articles and revert the articles right back. Compare that to Britannica's permanent and contributing staff of only a thousand or two.

Last edited:

eye95

Here's one of several studies. It was published in Nature, a reputable, peer-reviewed scientific journal.

And there are hundreds of thousands if not millions of subject matter experts who've each taken ownership of one or more articles and revert the articles right back. Compare that to Britannica's permanent and contributing staff of only a thousand or two.

The study looked at scientific articles only. I have not disputed wikipedia's accuracy in objective articles. (See my previous post.) It is the controversial topics in which I place no stock. That articles ricochet back and forth between differing "expert" opinions is not a plus where it comes to credibility.

Just as there are "subject matter experts" poised to change the article to match their POV, there are folks from moveon.org prepared to do the same thing in the other direction. For those articles, there really aren't any "subject matter experts," just competing groups of advocates.

If I want to know the speed of light in methanol, wikipedia is the first place I go. If I want to know what the Tea Party is, I wouldn't touch wikipedia with a ten-foot pole.