Thread: Need help with animated avatar

kittyhawk63

Need help with animated avatar

I am being unsuccessful in getting my animated avatar to work. It is not the one you see now of the eagle. Does it need a different extension? It is a gif. It works in Windows Media Player. ..........

Thanks for any assistance you may offer.
    Last edited by kittyhawk63; 10-20-2010 at 02:25 PM.

Make sure the pixel dimensions of the image you upload are at or below the pixel dimensions allowed by the forum.

You can't upload a 150x150 animated gif and expect it to come out OK if the size limit is 80x80. It's probably taking the first frame and dumping the rest when it's
    resized, which is what software not specifically designed to deal with animated gifs will do when you try to process something.

You need it to be at or below the maximum size for the forum here _before_ uploading.

You could also try hosting it yourself, then it will just get resized in HTML.

kittyhawk63
    Quote Originally Posted by RR_Broccoli View Post
    Make sure the pixel dimensions of the image you upload are at or below the pixel dimensions allowed by the forum.

You can't upload a 150x150 animated gif and expect it to come out OK if the size limit is 80x80. It's probably taking the first frame and dumping the rest when it's
    resized, which is what software not specifically designed to deal with animated gifs will do when you try to process something.

You need it to be at or below the maximum size for the forum here _before_ uploading.

You could also try hosting it yourself, then it will just get resized in HTML.
    I set the pixels at 100x100. That is not the problem.

I don't know what you mean by "hosting it yourself." Please explain.
    Last edited by kittyhawk63; 10-20-2010 at 04:22 PM.

He means putting the final .gif on a web site that you control and referring to it by it's URL. If you don't have that ability, I will gladly host it for you on my site @ herohog.com if you email me a copy.
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

"Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

kittyhawk63
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroHog View Post
    He means putting the final .gif on a web site that you control and referring to it by it's URL. If you don't have that ability, I will gladly host it for you on my site @ herohog.com if you email me a copy.
    Thank you. I appreciate the offer. I will first see if I can locate my old website and then see if I can put it there. However, I'm beginning to really like this eagle. He sure has a scowl on his face. It looks like he could be saying, "Hey, officer, don't ruffle my feathers." Of course, I would never do such a thing.
    Last edited by kittyhawk63; 10-20-2010 at 07:24 PM.

No problem. Holler if I can be of help.
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

"Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP