Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Man stops carjacking

  1. #1
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,616

    Man stops carjacking

    Carrying a handgun protected his wife and child. BG dead - good guy wounded
    http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...%27s-west-side
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  2. #2
    Regular Member TheQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lansing, Michigan
    Posts
    3,448
    Nothing like good old fashion American street violence in Detroit.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

    I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

    Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

  3. #3
    Regular Member 25sierraman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Alexandria , Virginia, USA
    Posts
    144
    It's sad the victim got hit so many times but it's great to hear that the BG got what he deserved and the mans family is safe.
    HOOAH?

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by 25sierraman View Post
    It's sad the victim got hit so many times but it's great to hear that the BG got what he deserved and the mans family is safe.
    I don't know about "deserving" to die. However, given that the BG shot the driver, who had a child in the back seat of the vehicle, I will say it sure sounds like a justifiable shooting. Now if there is a way to keep the family of the deceased carjacker from trying to extort "compensation" from the driver.

    We really need to keep in mind that words have meaning, and that those arrayed against us (2A/RKBA, personal responsibility, etc.) are eager to find examples of "blood lust" coming from our side. We shoot to stop the threat. If the BG/VCA dies as a result of that it is merely a consequence, but certainly not our primary objective.

    All the same, I find it difficult to mourn the passing of the carjacker.

    stay safe.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Snakemathis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Prescott Valley, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I don't know about "deserving" to die. However, given that the BG shot the driver, who had a child in the back seat of the vehicle, I will say it sure sounds like a justifiable shooting. Now if there is a way to keep the family of the deceased carjacker from trying to extort "compensation" from the driver.

    We really need to keep in mind that words have meaning, and that those arrayed against us (2A/RKBA, personal responsibility, etc.) are eager to find examples of "blood lust" coming from our side. We shoot to stop the threat. If the BG/VCA dies as a result of that it is merely a consequence, but certainly not our primary objective.

    All the same, I find it difficult to mourn the passing of the carjacker.

    stay safe.
    If someone tries to take my vehicle, my wife, and my child, they deserve to lose their life. If that is a risk they are willing to take, that is a solution I am willing to supply. 'Nuff said.
    "Know firearms, know safety. No firearms, no safety"
    "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dousman, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    101
    good chicken joint in the background, all the gunshots must be bad for business

  7. #7
    Regular Member rscottie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ashland, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    613
    Deserving to die?

    Well, you can call me heartless or bloodthirsty or whatever, but if my child is strapped in a car seat in my car and some guy starts shooting me as they jump in about to drive away with my child, I'm going to say that they deserve whatever happens.

    If he had not shot this punk, I can imagine the next news story would have been how the BG tossed the child, car seat and all out in to traffic, which has happened before.

    Yes, this BG deserved all he got.

    If the anti's want to distort what I've said, it just makes THEM look all the more stupid.

  8. #8
    Regular Member CharleyMarbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Clio, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by rscottie View Post
    Deserving to die?

    Well, you can call me heartless or bloodthirsty or whatever, but if my child is strapped in a car seat in my car and some guy starts shooting me as they jump in about to drive away with my child, I'm going to say that they deserve whatever happens.

    If he had not shot this punk, I can imagine the next news story would have been how the BG tossed the child, car seat and all out in to traffic, which has happened before.

    Yes, this BG deserved all he got.

    If the anti's want to distort what I've said, it just makes THEM look all the more stupid.
    +1 Why is it that we are suposed to be compassionate of the animals who attack us?

  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by CharleyMarbles View Post
    +1 Why is it that we are suposed to be compassionate of the animals who attack us?
    I guess that it's just hard for you to understand that the issue is not really about the BG getting all dead and everything, as opposed to your bloodlusting comments being picked up and thrown back at us by the antis.

    I don't know about anybody else, but I never again want to have to kill another human being. However, if someone ends up dead as a consequence of placing me in imminent danger of death or serious bodily injury that's just the way things worked out. At least I'm not going to be quoted as saying I wished for and cheered when the BG died.

    Or am I wasting my time trying to teach a bunch of pigs how to sing?

    stay safe.

  10. #10
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,616
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I guess that it's just hard for you to understand that the issue is not really about the BG getting all dead and everything, as opposed to your bloodlusting comments being picked up and thrown back at us by the antis.

    I don't know about anybody else, but I never again want to have to kill another human being. However, if someone ends up dead as a consequence of placing me in imminent danger of death or serious bodily injury that's just the way things worked out. At least I'm not going to be quoted as saying I wished for and cheered when the BG died.

    Or am I wasting my time trying to teach a bunch of pigs how to sing?

    stay safe.
    +1

    It is about how we are perceived AND about not letting our words bite us in the posterior.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Haz.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    I come from a land downunder.
    Posts
    1,227
    Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    Nothing like good old fashion American street violence in Detroit.
    G-Day mate,

    Yea, happens all the time down under, only down under its a crime to carry a firearm in public for any reason, especially self defence unless one is a LAO, or a criminal, (criminals dont obey any laws so they are always armed lol).

    Down under the car jacker jams his pistol or sawn off shotgun in the car owners face, roars at them to get out of the vehicle and drive away, often times with children aboard. I remember one such case in Sydney where a car jacker dragged a young mother at gunpoint from her BMW in a shopping car park and drove off with a baby strapped in a car seat in the back. Police appealed over the local am and fm radio stations for the car jacker to at least release the baby. Fortunately the baby was found on a street corner by a young couple about half an hopur after the event. I dont believe the car jacker was ever caught. There have been many such car jacking since. Fortunately not many involving children.

    Personally, if I was permitted to be armed and this happened to me and mine, I wouldn't hesitate to shoot to kill any car jacker as soon as the oportunity presented itself. Haz.

  12. #12
    Regular Member confedneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I guess that it's just hard for you to understand that the issue is not really about the BG getting all dead and everything, as opposed to your bloodlusting comments being picked up and thrown back at us by the antis.

    I don't know about anybody else, but I never again want to have to kill another human being. However, if someone ends up dead as a consequence of placing me in imminent danger of death or serious bodily injury that's just the way things worked out. At least I'm not going to be quoted as saying I wished for and cheered when the BG died.

    Or am I wasting my time trying to teach a bunch of pigs how to sing?

    stay safe.
    sounds like you're wasting your time making points that aren't direct or even relevant.

    If someone tries to steal a car with someones child inside, they deserve to die, especially when they have fired shots into said vehicle. I didn't see anybody doing a happy dance on the BG's grave, did you?

  13. #13
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,616
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I guess that it's just hard for you to understand that the issue is not really about the BG getting all dead and everything, as opposed to your bloodlusting comments being picked up and thrown back at us by the antis.

    I don't know about anybody else, but I never again want to have to kill another human being. However, if someone ends up dead as a consequence of placing me in imminent danger of death or serious bodily injury that's just the way things worked out. At least I'm not going to be quoted as saying I wished for and cheered when the BG died.

    Or am I wasting my time trying to teach a bunch of pigs how to sing?

    stay safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by confedneck View Post
    sounds like you're wasting your time making points that aren't direct or even relevant.

    If someone tries to steal a car with someones child inside, they deserve to die, especially when they have fired shots into said vehicle. I didn't see anybody doing a happy dance on the BG's grave, did you?
    Very direct and extremely relevant. You seem to miss the point completely

    We are neither judge nor jury and yes I have seen some tap dancing.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  14. #14
    Regular Member confedneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Very direct and extremely relevant. You seem to miss the point completely

    We are neither judge nor jury and yes I have seen some tap dancing.

    Oh no, not at all. I completely caught his point of being above those who think the BG deserved his sentence at the hands of the man he was trying to kill.

    Why is it you promote OC, if not to protect yourself? You think the victim is wrong for having killed someone who tried to kill him?

    I'm sorry, but I looked again, and don't see anybody tap dancing on the bad guy, other than saying he got what he deserved, which ----IN MY OPINION---- (which I'm still allowed to have, even if you disagree), he deserved. Anyone who is willing to open fire on another person, for the simple fact they want to take what the victim has, has given up their right to trial by jury, and have in turn submitted themselves to trial by street justice. When a man fights back, it's bad?

    When people on the internet, AGREE with the actions of the victim, it's bad?


    ETA---

    I would wager that NONE of us, present on this board, carry our gun because we WANT to kill someone. We carry them because we don't want to be killed by someone. I refuse to be a victim, how about you?
    Last edited by confedneck; 10-24-2010 at 09:41 PM.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    tampa,florida
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by confedneck View Post
    Oh no, not at all. I completely caught his point of being above those who think the BG deserved his sentence at the hands of the man he was trying to kill.

    Why is it you promote OC, if not to protect yourself? You think the victim is wrong for having killed someone who tried to kill him?

    I'm sorry, but I looked again, and don't see anybody tap dancing on the bad guy, other than saying he got what he deserved, which ----IN MY OPINION---- (which I'm still allowed to have, even if you disagree), he deserved. Anyone who is willing to open fire on another person, for the simple fact they want to take what the victim has, has given up their right to trial by jury, and have in turn submitted themselves to trial by street justice. When a man fights back, it's bad?

    When people on the internet, AGREE with the actions of the victim, it's bad?


    ETA---

    I would wager that NONE of us, present on this board, carry our gun because we WANT to kill someone. We carry them because we don't want to be killed by someone. I refuse to be a victim, how about you?
    well said!

  16. #16
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,616
    Quote Originally Posted by confedneck View Post
    Oh no, not at all. I completely caught his point of being above those who think the BG deserved his sentence at the hands of the man he was trying to kill.

    Why is it you promote OC, if not to protect yourself? You think the victim is wrong for having killed someone who tried to kill him?

    I'm sorry, but I looked again, and don't see anybody tap dancing on the bad guy, other than saying he got what he deserved, which ----IN MY OPINION---- (which I'm still allowed to have, even if you disagree), he deserved. Anyone who is willing to open fire on another person, for the simple fact they want to take what the victim has, has given up their right to trial by jury, and have in turn submitted themselves to trial by street justice. When a man fights back, it's bad?

    When people on the internet, AGREE with the actions of the victim, it's bad?


    ETA---

    I would wager that NONE of us, present on this board, carry our gun because we WANT to kill someone. We carry them because we don't want to be killed by someone. I refuse to be a victim, how about you?
    Quote Originally Posted by bobthegunslinger View Post
    well said!
    More is the greater the shame.

    "Deserved the sentence?" I repeat, we are neither judge nor jury.

    Skidmark is "above" those that suppose that the words/thoughts expressed here have no impact beyond this forum. Whether they be quoted by the press or by prosecutor, be assured that the reviewer will see (and use) the baser/less thoughtful reactions posted. Personally, I care little for your private feelings on the matter; however, I care much for how and what you post here and thereby contribute to our overall image. Why would any reasonable intelligent proponent of normalizing our rights contribute negatively?

    Circumstances do not provide a "license to kill." They may provide justification for a response that potentially severely curtails life, but that is an affirmative defense - not a get out of jail free card. Courts have frequently held that prior intent, demonstrated by public utterances, is admissible in the prosecution of the careless. The press will twist and spin whatever they can to further their agenda.

    BTW - "tap dancing" refers/eludes to skirting the issue, not dancing with glee.

    NO ONE gives up their right to a trail.

    When people on the internet (OCDO) do not understand the fundamental difference a word or attitude can make, that is not good. Ymmv, but I hope not by much.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 10-25-2010 at 09:10 AM. Reason: added & corrected
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  17. #17
    Regular Member 25sierraman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Alexandria , Virginia, USA
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I don't know about "deserving" to die. However, given that the BG shot the driver, who had a child in the back seat of the vehicle, I will say it sure sounds like a justifiable shooting. Now if there is a way to keep the family of the deceased carjacker from trying to extort "compensation" from the driver.

    We really need to keep in mind that words have meaning, and that those arrayed against us (2A/RKBA, personal responsibility, etc.) are eager to find examples of "blood lust" coming from our side. We shoot to stop the threat. If the BG/VCA dies as a result of that it is merely a consequence, but certainly not our primary objective.

    All the same, I find it difficult to mourn the passing of the carjacker.

    stay safe.
    OK now that my comment has started a thread war I'd like to say that I appreciate Skidmark's comments and I understand the point he was making. I did not mean to come off as saying that the bg deserved to die I only meant that I'm glad the victim stopped him with reasonable force to stop his threat to the man and his family. Thank you Skidmark for pointing out the flaws in my wording(absolutely no sarcasm intended) and I will be careful in the future. I understand that you're not bashing me and I understand that you are not defending the bg.

    With that said I also find it hard to mourn the loss of a violent carjackers life. He obviously had very little regard for the victims life and his family's.
    HOOAH?

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Valhalla, Indiana, USA
    Posts
    351
    I'm glad the man protected himself and his family. c'jacker got what he asked for, live by the gun die by the gun.

    Oink.

  19. #19
    Regular Member johnny amish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    High altitude of Vernon County, ,
    Posts
    1,025
    When someone tries to violate anothers rights, I believe they lose theirs.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox


    We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

  20. #20
    Regular Member Michigun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Carrying a handgun protected his wife and child. BG dead - good guy wounded
    http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...%27s-west-side
    a new article is out is saying it was his girlfriend and her child in the car, but his wife doesn't know who they are.

    http://detnews.com/article/20101021/...426/1409/rss36

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •