• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

at home gun smithing and repair,, true story! would i kid you?

1245A Defender

from my old thread, 7 guns,, 6 dont work true story;

#6 this is the good one, deros72 said all my guns flew apart,, he was using poetic license...
my shower gun is a 25acp, it is the quintessential saturday night special.
i shot once, then again, and parts flew down range (such as it is, more like across the drive way) , front of the slide and the recoil spring.
now this gun is broken... but i could still shoot it.
the rear of the slide is intact, i can load it, and rack it, and hold the slide forward and down and pull the trigger, then rack it again and shoot again, etc...
im a dedicated machinist!! i have plans, and my ideas!
i fully intend to resurrect and restore this broken gun to its former glory,,..
MARK MY WORDS!!!

1st pic is my modified original configuration, with finger cocker added.
001-6.jpg

2nd pic is showing the crack in the front of the slide.

006-1.jpg

3rd pic shows the exploded view of front of slide and recoil spring that flew across the driveway.

007-1.jpg

her is my mistake;;; i was gonna take pics of the finished parts before assembly,
but i forgot.
now they are all done, finished, with epoxy in between all mating parts and under all the screws, so all pics are of assemblies.
the original slide was milled down to remove the sides that were replaced by the new
sheet stainless steel front slide assembly.

4th pic shows the new slide from the front.
008.jpg

5h pic shows slide from the rear.
007.jpg

6th pic shows slide and small milled cutouts that act as the trigger interrupter.

009.jpg

7th pic shows the gun from the front.

011.jpg

8th pic shows the gun from the rear.
012-1.jpg

9th pic shows the gun from the side.

010.jpg

10th pic shows the gun in hand, ready to be finger cocked for firing.

003.jpg

i will test it tomorrow, right behind my house, il be sure to let you know how that works our for me!!

jt59

do you want us to notify the family? please wear safety glasses! take a picture of the target after the first clip at 7 yards :D

amlevin

If you ever pull that on someone I predict they'll start running away as fast as possible. Fear of being blown up along with the person holding it would be first and foremost in their mind.

When it's all finished, what are you going to call it??

BTW, is the serial number still visible? Or for that matter still valid?

1245A Defender

well..

If you ever pull that on someone I predict they'll start running away as fast as possible. Fear of being blown up along with the person holding it would be first and foremost in their mind.

When it's all finished, what are you going to call it??

BTW, is the serial number still visible? Or for that matter still valid?

the number is still on it, i bought at k-mart in 1976
this thread is really about the fixing not making.

daddy4count

You really should mod that sucker!

Put some cool looking tubes and wires on it, maybe a poly frame similar to something from Aliens? If you're gonna go this far why not take it two steps over the line? LOL

I love it, can't wait to hear how it works out for you.

Be safe!

Metalhead47

:eek:

Dude.

Looks like the firearm equivalent of my Samurai:
View attachment 4310

Does have a certain badassness to it tho.

Forget the scifi gewgaws, y'all need to polish that birch :cool:

And preferably be in the next county over when you fire it.

I've got an old welding glove you can have, if you really must :monkey

1245A Defender

my report!

thinkin back, i have to remember that i did indeed use my dremel, to smooth the rear of the
trigger disconnecter cut out.
i smoothed and polished it, to try to make it pretty.
my neighbor woke me to move my van so his delivery driver could come tomorrow.
so i just went and moved that, but i took my spy pen, and my project with me.
so after i parked, out of the way, i took out my pen and turned it on.
first i want to thank all my friends for the kind words of encouragement for this project.
i can tell you, no one was injured during the repair and testing, except for my normal dings and dents when i do metal work, or anything else for that matter.
but i digress.

in conclusion,,,, i walked up into my woods and this is my video report. click the pic to see the video.

Last edited:

Metalhead47

thinkin back, i have to remember that i did indeed use my dremel, to smooth the rear of the
trigger disconnecter cut out.
i smoothed and polished it, to try to make it pretty.
my neighbor woke me to move my van so his delivery driver could come tomorrow.
so i just went and moved that, but i took my spy pen, and my project with me.
so after i parked, out of the way, i took out my pen and turned it on.
first i want to thank all my friends for the kind words of encouragement for this project.
i can tell you, no one was injured during the repair and testing, except for my normal dings and dents when i do metal work, or anything else for that matter.
but i digress.

in conclusion,,,, i walked up into my woods and this is my video report. click the pic to see the video.

... must be nice to be able to out & squeeze off a few on your own land without the cops showing up :banghead:

amlevin

Hopefully, when you test it, you won't have the same outcome that the often referred to "Southern Redneck" had right after he said "Hey, watch this!

While you are at it, why not shape the front of the trigger guard so you can use it as a "church key" and open any beer cans that don't have pull tabs. Heck, with a little extra effort, you could shape it so it would open bottles too.

Last edited:

ak56

Campaign Veteran
Hopefully, when you test it, you won't have the same outcome that the often referred to "Southern Redneck" had right after he said "Hey, watch this!

While you are at it, why not shape the front of the trigger guard so you can use it as a "church key" and open any beer cans that don't have pull tabs. Heck, with a little extra effort, you could shape it so it would open bottles too.

And knife blades, scissors, tweezers, screwdrivers, corkscrew, toothpick...

A Swiss Army Gun?:lol: