Thread: Poll and News, Orlando Sentinel - Movement under way to let Floridians openly tote...

Poll and News, Orlando Sentinel - Movement under way to let Floridians openly tote...

Poll and News, Orlando Sentinel - Movement under way to let Floridians openly tote...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...7619137.column

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Thomas
    So you are walking down Park Avenue, window shopping for all the stuff you once could afford, and suddenly coming down the sidewalk you see three gunslingers.

It's like the Wild West except they're drinking lattes, and instead of six-shooters, they have Glocks clipped to their matching Gucci belts.

Would this bother you?

Banned
    The article is definitely steering readers to a particular vote. Polls should be attached to factual pieces, not opinionated ones.

eye95:

You and I both know that we are talking about Florida here. It is going to be hard to sell this to The Florida Legislature. Repealing the Open Carry Ban will probably hapen in either: 1. Texas, OR 2. South Carolina; before it happens in Florida.

aadvark

P.S.: Unless Arkansas OR Oklahoma surprises me..., otherwise, The Open Carry Ban will most probably continue in both: 1. Illinois AND New York. Many other New England States, such as: 1. Maryland, 2. Massachusetts, 3. New Jersey, will continue to have a de facto Open Carry Bans which will continue as well..., least they adopt a 'Shall-Issue' Permit Scheme, which; is highly unlikely.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...-carry-florida

Florida lead the way on Shall-Issue but has fallen behind on Open Carry. With Rick Scott ahead in polls here and a generally pro-2A legislature, I think we can repeal the Janet Reno's Florida Open Carry Ban.

Has anyone read all the comments? Christ onna crutch... If some of those morons ever wandered into Arizona or New Mexico or anywhere else OC is recognized, they'd have a foaming siezure. Some guy wrote that 43 states allow OC. 'Nuther idiot says this ain't so. Well... the idiot is right. It's 44 states; altho that's not what he was counting on. This is not the Florida I grew up in. Opinions in Orange County sound more like somthin' outt'a New Jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonora Rebel View Post
    Has anyone read all the comments? Christ onna crutch... If some of those morons ever wandered into Arizona or New Mexico or anywhere else OC is recognized, they'd have a foaming siezure. Some guy wrote that 43 states allow OC. 'Nuther idiot says this ain't so. Well... the idiot is right. It's 44 states; altho that's not what he was counting on. This is not the Florida I grew up in. Opinions in Orange County sound more like somthin' outt'a New Jersey.
    I'm the guy who wrote 43. Am I missing something?
    50 - 7 = 43
    Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Illinois, South Carolina, New York, and Florida.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StogieC View Post
    I'm the guy who wrote 43. Am I missing something?
    50 - 7 = 43
    Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Illinois, South Carolina, New York, and Florida.
    I am under the impression that it is 43. Did we knock off another State while I was in a coma?

My error. I thought Oklahoma had already joined the fold. : ( Idiocy is contagious.
    Last edited by Sonora Rebel; 10-21-2010 at 05:53 PM.

Yesterday's poll is still running and is at 75% in favor of open carry with 2100 votes.

The paper has started a NEW POLL TODAY!
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...6061,post.poll

Only 70 votes on the new poll so far.

326 Yes
    42 No

did my part in both polls...
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

"Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by aadvark View Post
    eye95:

P.S.: Unless Arkansas OR Oklahoma surprises me..., otherwise, The Open Carry Ban will most probably continue in both: 1. Illinois AND New York. Many other New England States, such as: 1. Maryland, 2. Massachusetts, 3. New Jersey, will continue to have a de facto Open Carry Bans which will continue as well..., least they adopt a 'Shall-Issue' Permit Scheme, which; is highly unlikely.
    First, I expect Oklahoma to end the ban this coming year. Those who voted in favor both times don't appear to be in any danger, while those who voted against it do.

Second, and more important to me as a New Englander, of those three states you mentioned, only Mass. is part of New England. Of the other two, NJ is part of the 'North East', and Maryland is central coast.

Sorry to nit-pick, but it's a pet-peeve of mine.
    Last edited by hightecrebel; 10-23-2010 at 06:40 PM. Reason: skipped a few words...

As far as MD and NJ go for right now, they are not exactly OC even if you are one of the lucky few with an unrestricted lisc. Except for the rumor I read a while back about Guv Marty Owe'Malley in his city council days. Walked into some cafe or bar, took his sportcoat off and was OCing his shoulder rig. Freakin hypocrite if this really happened.

And no you can't OC to a 7/11 or Walmart while hunting or trapping LOL.

OC in NJ? LOL, that'll take a while to get to.

As for the FL business, my understanding is that the shall-issue law was passed, then 6 months or so later they banned OC except for the fishing/hunting aspect. Somebody saw a black man OCing in general public within that 6 month or so period, that's what I heard. We can't have a black man OCing now can we? Unless he is fishing or hunting... Janet Reno = Jim Crow!? Can't we get past this f-ing racial BS still?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonora Rebel View Post
    My error. I thought Oklahoma had already joined the fold. : ( Idiocy is contagious.
    The legislature passed a bill to allow CCL holders to OC but Henry vetoed it and there were not enough votes to override after several of the legislators changed their votes. Two of those were my rep. and sen.. I am looking forward to replacing them. I have spread the word about an encounter I had with both of them a couple of years ago on a bill in the legislature.

The result of my conversations with them was what they said about the effects of that bill was not the truth. They either were lazy(depended on someone else's derivation), incompetent (read it them selves and did not understand what they read) or they understood and lied to me. Any one of the three situations makes them deserving of being removed from office.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

Quote Originally Posted by hightecrebel View Post
    First, I expect Oklahoma to end the ban this coming year. Those who voted in favor both times don't appear to be in any danger, while those who voted against it do.

Second, and more important to me as a New Englander, of those three states you mentioned, only Mass. is part of New England. Of the other two, NJ is part of the 'North East', and Maryland is central coast.

Sorry to nit-pick, but it's a pet-peeve of mine.
    But they are all still Yankees. Even Maryland, which is south of the East-West portion of the Mason-Dixon line.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)