• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Poll and News, Orlando Sentinel - Movement under way to let Floridians openly tote...

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
Poll and News, Orlando Sentinel - Movement under way to let Floridians openly tote...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...s-open-carry-102110-20101020,0,7619137.column

Mike Thomas said:
So you are walking down Park Avenue, window shopping for all the stuff you once could afford, and suddenly coming down the sidewalk you see three gunslingers.

It's like the Wild West except they're drinking lattes, and instead of six-shooters, they have Glocks clipped to their matching Gucci belts.

Would this bother you?

eye95

The article is definitely steering readers to a particular vote. Polls should be attached to factual pieces, not opinionated ones.

aadvark

eye95:

You and I both know that we are talking about Florida here. It is going to be hard to sell this to The Florida Legislature. Repealing the Open Carry Ban will probably hapen in either: 1. Texas, OR 2. South Carolina; before it happens in Florida.

aadvark

P.S.: Unless Arkansas OR Oklahoma surprises me..., otherwise, The Open Carry Ban will most probably continue in both: 1. Illinois AND New York. Many other New England States, such as: 1. Maryland, 2. Massachusetts, 3. New Jersey, will continue to have a de facto Open Carry Bans which will continue as well..., least they adopt a 'Shall-Issue' Permit Scheme, which; is highly unlikely.

Sonora Rebel

Has anyone read all the comments? Christ onna crutch... If some of those morons ever wandered into Arizona or New Mexico or anywhere else OC is recognized, they'd have a foaming siezure. Some guy wrote that 43 states allow OC. 'Nuther idiot says this ain't so. Well... the idiot is right. It's 44 states; altho that's not what he was counting on. This is not the Florida I grew up in. Opinions in Orange County sound more like somthin' outt'a New Jersey.

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
Has anyone read all the comments? Christ onna crutch... If some of those morons ever wandered into Arizona or New Mexico or anywhere else OC is recognized, they'd have a foaming siezure. Some guy wrote that 43 states allow OC. 'Nuther idiot says this ain't so. Well... the idiot is right. It's 44 states; altho that's not what he was counting on. This is not the Florida I grew up in. Opinions in Orange County sound more like somthin' outt'a New Jersey.

I'm the guy who wrote 43. Am I missing something?
50 - 7 = 43
Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Illinois, South Carolina, New York, and Florida.

Sonora Rebel

My error. I thought Oklahoma had already joined the fold. : ( Idiocy is contagious.

Last edited:

hightecrebel

eye95:

P.S.: Unless Arkansas OR Oklahoma surprises me..., otherwise, The Open Carry Ban will most probably continue in both: 1. Illinois AND New York. Many other New England States, such as: 1. Maryland, 2. Massachusetts, 3. New Jersey, will continue to have a de facto Open Carry Bans which will continue as well..., least they adopt a 'Shall-Issue' Permit Scheme, which; is highly unlikely.

First, I expect Oklahoma to end the ban this coming year. Those who voted in favor both times don't appear to be in any danger, while those who voted against it do.

Second, and more important to me as a New Englander, of those three states you mentioned, only Mass. is part of New England. Of the other two, NJ is part of the 'North East', and Maryland is central coast.

Sorry to nit-pick, but it's a pet-peeve of mine.

Last edited:

XD40coyote

As far as MD and NJ go for right now, they are not exactly OC even if you are one of the lucky few with an unrestricted lisc. Except for the rumor I read a while back about Guv Marty Owe'Malley in his city council days. Walked into some cafe or bar, took his sportcoat off and was OCing his shoulder rig. Freakin hypocrite if this really happened.

And no you can't OC to a 7/11 or Walmart while hunting or trapping LOL.

OC in NJ? LOL, that'll take a while to get to.

As for the FL business, my understanding is that the shall-issue law was passed, then 6 months or so later they banned OC except for the fishing/hunting aspect. Somebody saw a black man OCing in general public within that 6 month or so period, that's what I heard. We can't have a black man OCing now can we? Unless he is fishing or hunting... Janet Reno = Jim Crow!? Can't we get past this f-ing racial BS still?

OldCurlyWolf

My error. I thought Oklahoma had already joined the fold. : ( Idiocy is contagious.

The legislature passed a bill to allow CCL holders to OC but Henry vetoed it and there were not enough votes to override after several of the legislators changed their votes. Two of those were my rep. and sen.. I am looking forward to replacing them. I have spread the word about an encounter I had with both of them a couple of years ago on a bill in the legislature.:mad:

The result of my conversations with them was what they said about the effects of that bill was not the truth. They either were lazy(depended on someone else's derivation), incompetent (read it them selves and did not understand what they read) or they understood and lied to me. Any one of the three situations makes them deserving of being removed from office.
:cuss:

OldCurlyWolf

First, I expect Oklahoma to end the ban this coming year. Those who voted in favor both times don't appear to be in any danger, while those who voted against it do.

Second, and more important to me as a New Englander, of those three states you mentioned, only Mass. is part of New England. Of the other two, NJ is part of the 'North East', and Maryland is central coast.

Sorry to nit-pick, but it's a pet-peeve of mine.

But they are all still Yankees. Even Maryland, which is south of the East-West portion of the Mason-Dixon line.
:cool: