• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

examiner.com - Janet Reno's Ban on Open Carry in Florida

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-orlando/janet-reno-s-ban-on-open-carry-florida

Sean Caranna said:
Janet Reno, Assistant State Attorney for Dade County at the time, called on the legislature to close what she called a loophole in the new statewide carry laws and outright ban Open Carry throughout the state. Having just lost their fight against Shall-Issue concealed carry, the future US Attorney General, a handful of Florida Sheriffs and Police Chiefs, and newspapers statewide went on the offensive to call for a special session of the legislature to close what they dubbed the “Dodge City Loophole”.

SemperFiTexan

Good article. Thank you for posting it!
Now I just wish the politicians in Texas would find the guts to stand up to the liberals and make a stand for OC!!

since9

Campaign Veteran
The only thing "Wild West" about this is Reno's last name and her attempt to ban handguns, as did many towns throughout the West, to the detriment of the honest, law-abiding citizens who lived there.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
The 'Wild West' was several orders of magnitude better than what we have now....

By all means, bring it back!