Thread: Police investigate threat at [Beaver Dam] hospital. WiscNews.com

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Police investigate threat at [Beaver Dam] hospital. WiscNews.com

http://www.wiscnews.com/bdc/news/loc...cc4c03286.html
    Monson said the maintenance staff, who serve as security in the building, were deployed to search the area. They also alerted appropriate staff and secured doors in the building.

Not deep enough in the Woods, Wisconsin, USA
    Hmm - it seems like quite a bit of information is missing. Was it really a threatening phone call or was it someone calling to check hospital policy about OCing? The lack of description makes me wonder.

Banned
    Sounds more to me like someone was disgruntled over the care of a loved one and was probably just venting. Grief does strange things to people.

Not deep enough in the Woods, Wisconsin, USA
    Very true, but unfortunately the way it was worded will only work against us. All the lefty's hear is someone wanted to bring a gun to the hospital - those horrible guns.

If someone "threatened" to bring a gun into the hospital but wasn't arrested, I highly doubt there was any threat.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    If someone "threatened" to bring a gun into the hospital but wasn't arrested, I highly doubt there was any threat.
    What is the arrest-able offense for threatening to bring a gun to the hospital? There is no law prohibiting the bringing of guns to a hospital.
    How does one threaten someone with something you can legally do?
    Last edited by J.Gleason; 10-21-2010 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Gleason View Post
    What is the arrest-able offense for threatening to bring a gun to the hospital? There is no law prohibiting the bringing of guns to a hospital.
    How does one threaten someone with something you can legally do?
    I did not clearly articulate my thoughts, sorry. What I meant was, if someone was making threats, that would be an arrestable offense. I think I need so coffee this morning.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

You would never need to bring a firearm to a hospital to defend yourself or your loved ones.....oh wait, you might.

** in reference to the OC at birth thread - Wife thinks I have a problem **

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    D'oh! Why didn't I think of that? Nyuk nyuk nyuk. Wotta <<--maroon.
    Last edited by Doug Huffman; 10-21-2010 at 10:22 AM.

McX
    probably saw their bill and determined the money they would have to spend would be a threat to their existence.

Banned
    Probably tired of getting lousy health care because they don't have a prestigious top of the line health care insurance card.