• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Scott pledges to sign open carry bill - HIT THIS POLL!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...s-open-carry-102110-20101020,0,7619137.column

SNIP

Movement under way to let Floridians openly tote their guns
Mike Thomas

COMMENTARY

11:43 p.m. EDT, October 20, 2010

So you are walking down Park Avenue, window shopping for all the stuff you once could afford, and suddenly coming down the sidewalk you see three gunslingers.

It's like the Wild West except they're drinking lattes, and instead of six-shooters, they have Glocks clipped to their matching Gucci belts.

Would this bother you?

Well, it could happen because the "open carry'' movement has come to Florida.

. . .

POLL: Guns in the open
The "open carry" movement advocates are pushing legislation in Florida that would let people openly tote their guns. Do you support the move?

Yes. It's a right to carry weapons, so why not display them, which could deter crime.
No. It's bad enough that guns are already prevalent in our society. This just increases the chances that an innocent person is going to get caught in the line of fire.

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Heh, they lose by a landslide, so they delete it and start a new one.... Kinda like real elections.

Voted. [once]

Last edited:

sultan62

The disclaimer under the one at the sun-sentinel should read "Results not even freaking close to scientific, because this poll is so unbalanced moveon.org won't touch it with a ten foot pole."

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
If at first you fail miserably, continue to fail miserably for decades.

Stupid is as stupid does. Did I just Gump the Bradys? I think I get a prize for that.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If at first you fail miserably, continue to fail miserably for decades.

Stupid is as stupid does. Did I just Gump the Bradys? I think I get a prize for that.

Should somebody start a poll to determine the
icon6.png
prize?

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I want it to be a salad made from the printouts of every word I ever wrote here saying Open Carry will never happen in FL....

[sigh] I hate salad.