Thread: OC in vehicle

OC in vehicle

what are the laws on OC in a motor vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by ALPHAWOLF View Post
    Without a CPL:
    You can't posses a firearm in the vehicle unless it is encased in the trunk and unloaded.

With a CPL:
    Carry on
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by ALPHAWOLF View Post
    In Michigan the law considers a gun in a vehicle as "concealed" and a CPL is required to have a pistol in a vehicle (unless unloaded and in a case in the trunk or inaccessible to the occupants for transport).

As far as the law is concerned it doesn't matter if the pistol is in plain sight sitting on the front seat... by virtue of the gun being in the vehicle it is considered concealed because this portion of the law isn't concerned about whether the gun can be seen... but whether the gun is in a vehicle... seen or not.

Sad to say I've not bookmarked the applicable MCL's to give you as a cite to research... I hope someone will show up with those momentarily.

But the important thing is.... in Michigan there is no such thing as OC in a vehicle... if the gun is in the vehicle it is considered "concealed" by the law.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by bikenut View Post
    sad to say i've not bookmarked the applicable mcl's to give you as a cite to research... I hope someone will show up with those momentarily.
    mcl 750.227
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    mcl 750.227
    Can be read here:

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/%28S%2...me=mcl-750-227

Thanks "Q"....
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.