• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Manual - Living Document

K

kittyhawk63

Its a good idea but it doesn't really work too well in practice. See this thread http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...-Run-off&highlight=California+open+carry+logo

Well, you may be right. We could at least try since this is not for a piece of clothing. I like the one at the top but for the fist. It looks too much like something the Black Panthers would have. Since it is a manual on gun laws, I see no problem with having a firearm on the front.

Edit: Chewy352, I just got to thinking again this evening on the picture for the manual; we could use the image I am referring to as the back cover of the manual rather than the front.

Edit: Chewy352, Thinking it through again, I think we ought to keep the outside cover as benign as possible. There is no reason that we should create a negative response to the manual because of something that may offend people's sensitivities toward firearms.

Last edited:
K

kittyhawk63

On youtube, there are tons of vids about open carry. You could spend two days or more watching all of them. I think I put two there. One for an event at the Midway, and one at the Oceanside pier.

Yes, and we need a list of these videos...but only the best. We also need to see that they do not repeat information on the other videos on the list.

You know what I would like to see is where a group of you guys who live in the same town would get together and make videos for this forum covering the ways to encounter LEOs and how NOT to engage them. I wish CGF would make videos if no group here will do it or is unable to do it.

chewy352

Yes, and we need a list of these videos...but only the best. We also need to see that they do not repeat information on the other videos on the list.

You know what I would like to see is where a group of you guys who live in the same town would get together and make videos for this forum covering the ways to encounter LEOs and how NOT to engage them. I wish CGF would make videos if no group here will do it or is unable to do it.

Like this: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=9CDFD99BEFA7E9CB

K

kittyhawk63

Last edited:

chewy352

I was just thinking maybe a picture of the constitution in the background and a simple title along the lines of "California Open Carry"

AntMan

Nicely Done!

Great collection of info! I've been reading this and other forums and sites for a couple weeks now, it's nice to have a single spot for all the info pertinent to CA!

chewy352

Unfortionately I'm Going to have to bow out of this project. I've got too much on my plate right now. Coded-Dude has all of my work so far.

Coded-Dude

I do have the work and will continue to work on it. I'll try and post some updates in the coming week or so.

K

kittyhawk63

I do have the work and will continue to work on it. I'll try and post some updates in the coming week or so.

Chewy352,
Thank you for all the work that you have put into this project.

Coded-Dude,
Thank you for taking up this project. I look forward to seeing what you and Chewy352 have done for the forum.

kh63

wolfetundra

**Note, I have not read this entire thread**

I am a web developer (use to be, before they made programs that replace programmers). I would love to dedicate time to producing all this information on a searchable website. Put in your City/County (I believe reading this is reference to CA only) and it will provide the Laws/Ordinance/Etc for your area. Or any other form of search (keyword, etc.).

All I would need is a format that everyone can agree on, the information (formatted) to be produced on the site, and a website (I have plenty). If a ".com" or ".net" is wanted, that is going to cost.

Let me know. Email (via message on here), or Phone is acceptable contact. If you wish to contact by phone, message me and I'll provide you with my number.

If this idea is past due or something is already in the works, let me know so I stop running ideas through my head lol.

K

kittyhawk63

A good website to put it on is californiaopencarry.org. I dont know who runs it though.

We also want it here since this particular work started here. It should be a stickie when it is finished and it passes in its final form without objections. Any other Open Carry website will be welcomed to use it and post it on their site as long as it is credited to this forum. I am reluctant to recommending that it be copyrighted but it may be necessary in order to keep it controllable and not have people messing with it. A PDF with a strong password may be enough to meet this criteria.