• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at Walmart

MrOverlay

My point was the excuse is always that it makes someone feel "uncomfortable".

Guys wearing their pants around their knees with their underwear a foot above their pants makes me feel "uncomfortable", but I doubt that a store manager would ask anyone to leave over it.

Almost anything could make someone feel "uncomfortable" depending on the circumstances. My point was the reaction of the store managers would probably not be the same as is often discussed here.

I don't see it as discrimination as the particular religion individual was not barred from entering the store. They would only be asked to leave after a complaint of making someone feel "uncomfortable".

Most likely this is all an academic discussion though.

Smith & Wesson

My point was the excuse is always that it makes someone feel "uncomfortable".

Guys wearing their pants around their knees with their underwear a foot above their pants makes me feel "uncomfortable", but I doubt that a store manager would ask anyone to leave over it.

Almost anything could make someone feel "uncomfortable" depending on the circumstances. My point was the reaction of the store managers would probably not be the same as is often discussed here.

I don't see it as discrimination as the particular religion individual was not barred from entering the store. They would only be asked to leave after a complaint of making someone feel "uncomfortable".

Most likely this is all an academic discussion though.

I agree. I think it is rather silly to be asked to leave because someone is uncomfy. Wouldnt the person being asked to leave have the right to face the accuser. Otherwise how would we know it wasnt just the person asking you to leave that had the problem or felt uncomfy. Just a thought.

Tribunal Power

I agree. I think it is rather silly to be asked to leave because someone is uncomfy. Wouldnt the person being asked to leave have the right to face the accuser. Otherwise how would we know it wasnt just the person asking you to leave that had the problem or felt uncomfy. Just a thought.

If asked to leave, tell the manager that being asked to leave amkes you uncomfy and that you would like the complaining individual to leave. xD