• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dirt Cheap in Zachary

whoopingllama

Went to Dirt Cheap yesterday evening with the wife. (wasn't completely worth the drive to me, but anyway) I was walking around the store, and was looking around on one of the aisles when a dude came up doing the same thing and accidentally knocked a couple things over. We looked at each other and he said my pistol had startled him. Then he asked what kind it was, and we ended up having a good short little conversation. I got to educate someone that it was in fact completely and totally legal to carry openly in this state. So here's to another good encounter with the public.

whoopingllama

Basically it's a salvage store. For the most part, everything they sell is still in good and working condition. They have different aisles that have different percentages off the original price usually at least 50 percent off. They clothes, books, electronics, small appliances. They have a bunch in Mississippi, and my wife loves them. It's a lot like a goodwill store. I was able to find a Bluray player for like 60 or 70 after my dad had just bought the exact same one at walmart on sale for about 100.

4angrybadgers

The Dirt Cheaps in my area (Hattiesburg/Petal MS) are disgusting. Not just dirty, but disgusting. :uhoh: And their prices aren't always great - sometimes you can find good deals, but sometimes Hudson's will jack the sticker price WAYYY up and then apply their discount. I've seen beat-up items that were more expensive (after their "discount") than in a regular store.

Anyway, good job on educating another citizen about OC.