Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: North Carolina Regulatory Review

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cameron NC, , USA
    Posts
    113

    North Carolina Regulatory Review

    Maybe if we show enough persistence we can get some things changed here in NC:

    http://www.governor.state.nc.us/form...tStraight.aspx

  2. #2
    Regular Member rotorhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    862
    lol

    I wonder how large the hard drive is on the computer that will be receiving these forms.
    Last edited by rotorhead; 10-21-2010 at 05:28 PM.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grennsboro NC
    Posts
    5,358
    Well, for starters, the Restaurant Ban, Parades Ban, the School Ban and the "State of Emergency" Ban, should ALL be struck from the books...

    Then we need to chance our toothless "state preemption" so that it doesn't give cities the ability to pass their own arbitrary restrictions on carry, so that it's more in-line with VA's preemption.

    After that, perhaps we can start talking about NH-style "Constitutional Carry"...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

  4. #4
    Regular Member J_Oliver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Haw River, North Carolina
    Posts
    151
    Now lets see how well this really works...
    "I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six..."

    [ Kyd: "I think I'm gonna have "13 1/2" tattooed on my shoulder..."

    Me: "Why the hell would you do that?"

    Kyd: "Thats one judge, 12 jurors, and a half a chance I'm gonna get off..." ]

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fayetteville, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Well, for starters, the Restaurant Ban, Parades Ban, the School Ban and the "State of Emergency" Ban, should ALL be struck from the books...

    Then we need to chance our toothless "state preemption" so that it doesn't give cities the ability to pass their own arbitrary restrictions on carry, so that it's more in-line with VA's preemption.

    After that, perhaps we can start talking about NH-style "Constitutional Carry"...
    NH or VT ??, not familiar with NH

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fayetteville, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by calynn View Post
    Maybe if we show enough persistence we can get some things changed here in NC:

    http://www.governor.state.nc.us/form...tStraight.aspx
    After the election I'll see if GRNC can get involved with this

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fayetteville, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by rotorhead View Post
    lol

    I wonder how large the hard drive is on the computer that will be receiving these forms.
    Bigger than we will ever fill up. Maybe not though. GRNC has shut their systems down a couple times.

    Rotor, do you belong to the Cumberland County Wildlife Club?

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cameron, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    110
    already sent my list of changes

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,605
    Vermont is Constitutional Carry, NOT New Hampshire...., and..., yes, General Statutes 54B need to be changed to amend the current Preemption Version of North Carolinas antiqueted Firearms Laws.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    Well, for starters, the Restaurant Ban, Parades Ban, the School Ban and the "State of Emergency" Ban, should ALL be struck from the books...

    Then we need to chance our toothless "state preemption" so that it doesn't give cities the ability to pass their own arbitrary restrictions on carry, so that it's more in-line with VA's preemption.

    After that, perhaps we can start talking about NH-style "Constitutional Carry"...
    You forgot the places where admissions are charged ban.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •