• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Woman Robbed @ Gunpoint @ Four Seasons Mall in Greensboro

hotrod08

I dont like going to that mall, But that is the one my sister and mom like going too and I wont let them go alone.

DOnt they have a policy against weapons inside the mall?
I know its not "posted" but its on the sign in the mall.

DOes that count?

smlawrence

Not 100% sure on their policies but their security team is almost non-existent considering how many problems they have. Life over Law in this case IMO.

J_Oliver

Thats a damn shame. I live not far from the mall. I'm for damn sure not letting my wife and son go alone anymore unless she's packing. Thats not cool. but it's good she wasn't hurt though.

M

mattwestm

One mall I'd never go to without being armed is Southpoint in Durham. A few years ago, people were waiting in the dark parking lot for people and would force them in their trunks and rob them. I think they lit the parking lot better and hired a strong security force, but still, nothing beats packing. I'm not sure on their policy on handguns, but based on how they don't allow hats to be worn (gang activity), I doubt they allow firearms.

Dreamer

One mall I'd never go to without being armed is Southpoint in Durham. A few years ago, people were waiting in the dark parking lot for people and would force them in their trunks and rob them. I think they lit the parking lot better and hired a strong security force, but still, nothing beats packing. I'm not sure on their policy on handguns, but based on how they don't allow hats to be worn (gang activity), I doubt they allow firearms.

This story can't possibly be true. Durham County is the only county in NC that requires registration of handguns, so there is simply NO WAY that criminals, thugs, and felons could have had guns to threaten shoppers with.

Because we all know that criminals always obey the laws...

</sarcasm>