Thread: Special License and Firearm Unit Computer NOTES

Special License and Firearm Unit Computer NOTES

I have received these computer entries after making a Freedom of Information Request.

These are the first one hundred pages to be released.

http://www.ctgunrights.com/00.Docs/S...FU%20pages.pdf

Read these documents and begin to understand they types of situations people can get into as owners of firearms. For those that don't understand the law, some of what is here will not make any sense.

I believe that these cases were NEVER the subject of an Appeal to the Board of Firearms Permit Examiners.

I find the notes fascinating based on what I have read and witnessed at hearings.

All those damn abbreviations are making my eyes go buggy!

Interesting read.

I really like one of the early ones about the guy with the firearm, in his hand, on his own property!

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

I find it more interesting that they repeatedly describe revocations for someone having a firearm stolen from their vehicle.

That is ridiculous on it's own accord, but when you consider that the federal judge in the Goldberg case advised that Goldberg should have left his gun in his car instead of carrying it, it is just crazy.

You didn't expect double speak, did you?

I wonder what the vehicle thefts and revocation ratio are. I have to leave my firearm locked up from time to time because of not being allowed to carry in certain spots.

I also wonder what the ratio is for revocation/reinstatement as well.

Kinda scary when you read that report though.

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by KIX View Post
    You didn't expect double speak, did you?

I wonder what the vehicle thefts and revocation ratio are. I have to leave my firearm locked up from time to time because of not being allowed to carry in certain spots.

I also wonder what the ratio is for revocation/reinstatement as well.

Kinda scary when you read that report though.

Jonathan
    I wonder more about how this encourages people to report lost or stolen firearms.

Yep.

First, we get violated.

Then, we're branded criminals and REALLY GET VIOLATED!!!