• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Special License and Firearm Unit Computer NOTES

Edward Peruta

I have received these computer entries after making a Freedom of Information Request.

These are the first one hundred pages to be released.

http://www.ctgunrights.com/00.Docs/SLFU.entries/Peruta First 100 SLFU pages.pdf

Read these documents and begin to understand they types of situations people can get into as owners of firearms. For those that don't understand the law, some of what is here will not make any sense.

I believe that these cases were NEVER the subject of an Appeal to the Board of Firearms Permit Examiners.

I find the notes fascinating based on what I have read and witnessed at hearings.

KIX

All those damn abbreviations are making my eyes go buggy!

Interesting read.

I really like one of the early ones about the guy with the firearm, in his hand, on his own property!

Jonathan

Rich B

I find it more interesting that they repeatedly describe revocations for someone having a firearm stolen from their vehicle.

That is ridiculous on it's own accord, but when you consider that the federal judge in the Goldberg case advised that Goldberg should have left his gun in his car instead of carrying it, it is just crazy.

KIX

You didn't expect double speak, did you?

I wonder what the vehicle thefts and revocation ratio are. I have to leave my firearm locked up from time to time because of not being allowed to carry in certain spots.

I also wonder what the ratio is for revocation/reinstatement as well.

Kinda scary when you read that report though.

Jonathan

Rich B

You didn't expect double speak, did you?

I wonder what the vehicle thefts and revocation ratio are. I have to leave my firearm locked up from time to time because of not being allowed to carry in certain spots.

I also wonder what the ratio is for revocation/reinstatement as well.

Kinda scary when you read that report though.

Jonathan

I wonder more about how this encourages people to report lost or stolen firearms.

KIX

Yep.

First, we get violated.

Then, we're branded criminals and REALLY GET VIOLATED!!!