• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bersa Thunder/Firestorm Retention holster

TheQ

All,

My significant other recently acquired a Firestorm .380. I am currently looking for a good active-retention holster for her that is suited or works with this firearm for the purpose of open-carry.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a holster for this purpose?

HvyMtl

You are welcome. I would definitely go on the bersachat forums, as I think they have a section on holsters.

Best of luck finding a holster you like.

Michigander

A Safariland 6280 for a similarly sized gun would probably do just fine. Venator's old 9mm Smith and Wesson fits well in my 6280 for my P220. I suggest going to a uniform store and test fitting them until you find the best size. Then either buy it there, or go order it from the web for probably half the cost.

KIX

Funny that I just saw this post, as I just picked up a retention holster for my Thunder .380 and bought a Firestorm .40 for my mother today at a show.

I also picked up a Fobus holster for my Thunder .380. I have to say, I really like it. It has plenty of retention and is VERY comfortable. I had a bunch of the more expensive holsters and quite frankly, this thing is really comfortable.

I don't remember the part number, but they did have a model that started with a "c" something that made me thing "CZ" for a second, but that may fit your gun.

Jonathan