Thread: OC in TN with a GA permit?

OC in TN with a GA permit?

Is it lawful for me to OC in Tennessee? I live in Georgia, and I have a permit. Thanks

If it's legal to OC in TN for a resident, then it is legal for a non-resident.

I did it yesterday when my wife and I were in Chattanooga. I got a bunch of looks from barefooted hippies, but no one approached me or called the police about a MWAG so it was a good day

I do it all the time, I was curious though.

Tennessee DOES have Reciprocity with Georgia, and the adverse is likewise as well.
    However, Tennessee Handgun Permits are SLIGHTLY more difficult to abtain then there Georgia Weapons License Counterparts.
    Even essence the Reciprocity seems Skewerd, BUT the Reciprocity has been in place for quite some time.
    Open Carry is, similiar to Georgia, Legal. Furthermore, BOTH States have exceptions to allow Open Carry without any need for Licensure, although they are somewhat considerably different.

Yeah, I had a TN permit back in the day. Obtaining the GA permit was crazy easy compared. $40 and a smile was about all it took, and it was in my mailbox in a couple o' days. I guess they figure us Georgia boys can handle a firearm. LOL