• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in TN with a GA permit?

COMMANDER1911

I did it yesterday when my wife and I were in Chattanooga. I got a bunch of looks from barefooted hippies, but no one approached me or called the police about a MWAG so it was a good day :)

aadvark

Tennessee DOES have Reciprocity with Georgia, and the adverse is likewise as well.
However, Tennessee Handgun Permits are SLIGHTLY more difficult to abtain then there Georgia Weapons License Counterparts.
Even essence the Reciprocity seems Skewerd, BUT the Reciprocity has been in place for quite some time.
Open Carry is, similiar to Georgia, Legal. Furthermore, BOTH States have exceptions to allow Open Carry without any need for Licensure, although they are somewhat considerably different.

Quiet-MAtt

Yeah, I had a TN permit back in the day. Obtaining the GA permit was crazy easy compared. $40 and a smile was about all it took, and it was in my mailbox in a couple o' days. I guess they figure us Georgia boys can handle a firearm. LOL