Thread: Am I the only one?

Am I the only one?

So I was sitting in my recliner changing the grips on my 1911 (which I do frequently), and my wife looks over and says "Your just like our daughter changing the clothes on her barbie everyday). Does anyone else do this, or am I in fact compairable to a 6 year old girl?

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA
    Changing grips? Maybe a sixteen year old boy does.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Huffman View Post
    Changing grips? Maybe a sixteen year old boy does.

HAHA. well for all the purists out there I will say I was changing my stocks.

I find that cleaning is almost as entrtaining as shooting.

Two things I'm pretty anal about...cleaning my guns and polishing the chrome on my motorcycle ! I don't change the grips on either of my 1911's very frequently; but, I do take them off and wipe them them down front and back, as well as the frame under the grips, when I clean the gun.

My problem is that I have one 1911 and 5 sets of stocks. lol And I like em all!

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by COMMANDER1911 View Post
    My problem is that I have one 1911 and 5 sets of stocks. lol And I like em all!
    The solution to your problem is simple, and straightforward. More 1911's

R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Quote Originally Posted by Brass Magnet View Post
    The solution to your problem is simple, and straightforward. More 1911's

Other than the lack of cash, there is nothing stopping me from getting all the 1911's I want. lol I will however be picking up a Para USA GI Expert in stainless at the end of the month

either a 6 yr old girl or possibly an adult fashion deva. The latter would be if you change the parts out depending on what you are wearing to get things to match, or whatever it is people do to pick colors for what they are wearing.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    So I was sitting in my recliner changing the grips on my 1911 (which I do frequently), and my wife looks over and says "Your just like our daughter changing the clothes on her barbie everyday). Does anyone else do this, or am I in fact compairable to a 6 year old girl?
    If you really want to have fun, ask her how many pairs of shoes she has.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

as long as none of your stocks have Barbie on them i think you are safe.

me personally tho, when i get a gun to look "just right" i don't muck with it again.
    I'm the one who's gotta die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.
    Jimi Hendrix

NRA Benefactor Member & 03 FFL

In a more defensible vein, you're simply maintaining your self-defensive system. Whenever I clean, I always have a backup.

You have a USA Constitutional 2A right to defend yourself and your property, at all times, regardless of what grossly-distored state numbskull attempts to enact otherwise. This isn't new, people - it's an ongoing thing. Many (most?) people don't think through the events. Their lack of doing so brings us back to European fuedalism. Would you really like us dying of caved-chest syndrome at the first blow?

Me neither.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.