• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Am I the only one?

COMMANDER1911

So I was sitting in my recliner changing the grips on my 1911 (which I do frequently), and my wife looks over and says "Your just like our daughter changing the clothes on her barbie everyday). Does anyone else do this, or am I in fact compairable to a 6 year old girl? :D

fully_armed_biker

Two things I'm pretty anal about...cleaning my guns and polishing the chrome on my motorcycle :D! I don't change the grips on either of my 1911's very frequently; but, I do take them off and wipe them them down front and back, as well as the frame under the grips, when I clean the gun.

Daylen

either a 6 yr old girl or possibly an adult fashion deva. The latter would be if you change the parts out depending on what you are wearing to get things to match, or whatever it is people do to pick colors for what they are wearing.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
So I was sitting in my recliner changing the grips on my 1911 (which I do frequently), and my wife looks over and says "Your just like our daughter changing the clothes on her barbie everyday). Does anyone else do this, or am I in fact compairable to a 6 year old girl? :D

If you really want to have fun, ask her how many pairs of shoes she has. :lol:

Broondog

as long as none of your stocks have Barbie on them i think you are safe. ;)

me personally tho, when i get a gun to look "just right" i don't muck with it again.

since9

Campaign Veteran

In a more defensible vein, you're simply maintaining your self-defensive system. Whenever I clean, I always have a backup.

You have a USA Constitutional 2A right to defend yourself and your property, at all times, regardless of what grossly-distored state numbskull attempts to enact otherwise. This isn't new, people - it's an ongoing thing. Many (most?) people don't think through the events. Their lack of doing so brings us back to European fuedalism. Would you really like us dying of caved-chest syndrome at the first blow?

Me neither.