• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Republican candidate says violent overthrow of government is 'on the table' DallasNew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...broden_22tex.ART0.State.Edition1.33278a9.html

Stephen Broden said:
Republican congressional candidate Stephen Broden stunned his party Thursday, saying he would not rule out violent overthrow of the government if elections did not produce a change in leadership.

"If the government is not producing the results or has become destructive to the ends of our liberties, we have a right to get rid of that government and to get rid of it by any means necessary," Broden said, adding the nation was founded on a violent revolt against Britain's King George III.

Watson asked if violence would be in option in 2010, under the current government.

"The option is on the table. I don't think that we should remove anything from the table as it relates to our liberties and our freedoms," Broden said, without elaborating. "However, it is not the first option."
H/T to conservative libertarian Neal Boortz, WSB Atlanta Says "violent overthrow is always on the table."

Oh, the republicans are the party of Lincoln-16 that destroyed the union to save the Union.

Last edited:

beebobby

If your guy wasn't elected, then by all means, advocate for a violent overthrow of the govt. Works in Africa, why not here? (sarcasm off).

Doug Huffman

Banned
The Declaration of Independence does not mention, is not limited to overthrow of kings, monarchs or tyrants.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
I chose not to live in fear of the govt. Obama hasn't tried to take my guns.

Who's advocating fear of the government? And Obama has little to do with it. I was laughing at your statement because most of those conditions DO exist.

I'm not advocating what the candidate said, nor do I think it's time for such measures but if you don't think our rights have been being usurped for generations now you are sadly living in a dream world.

KansasMustang

The correct word here is "worked" as in 234 years ago. We don't have a king now. We have a democratically elected president. That's how it works now.

Democratically elected? You mean more like lied, cheated and stolen elected President. Wonder how many illegal aliens, dead people, and convict votes were tallied. Sorry but I'm really cynical about the election results here when they caught Acorn having registered that fella like 50+ times to vote.

And even more cynical when the New Black Panther Party stands outside a voting place with a nightstick. If this election is like 2008 it's going to be a miracle if any conservative candidates get elected into office, then it'll be a miracle if we have another election.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
The Declaration of Independence does not mention, is not limited to overthrow of kings, monarchs or tyrants.

Absolutely correct and the paragraph from the Declaration of Independence which you included outlines the most fundamental principles of our republic and its founding.

BTW, I don't believe we are close to this point yet and doubt if we will get there in my lifetime. Fortunately the two parties are still at each others' throats enough that they have not yet seen the fruits of joining forces to subjugate the people to the degree where we would need to rise up as our founding generation did in 1775.

Last edited:

Ruby

I believe we have one party masquerading as two. It seems that no matter who is elected, little changes for the better for the vast majority of middle income Americans, and I am below middle income, believe me. I think that the eroding of our rights is continuing and will continue as long as we will tolerate it. I am not for violent overthrow of our government at the present time, but I am wondering what it will take to wake up the rest of the population. Will you wait until they come for your guns? Will you wait until Obamacare is implemented and you find out that they will only pay for so much medical care or that you need an operation that you can't afford? The medical plan under Obamacare was FORCED on us; our representatives sold us out. The vast majority, in a poll, were against government medical care. I know people think that everything will be better and everyone will have medical care. Given their track record in the past decades, why would anyone believe what the government says. I am not against government as a whole, some form of government is necessary and desirable. I am against a tyrannical, controlling government. Please bear in mind we are probably only seeing the tip of the iceberg. If you have any doubt as to their agenda, google "Georgia Guide Stones". When they carve it in stone, you can pretty much believe they are serious.

Doug Huffman

Banned
That is precisely Codevilla's point in 'America's Ruling Class - And the Perils of Re

I believe we have one party masquerading as two.
That is precisely Codevilla's point in 'America's Ruling Class - And the Perils of Revolution' (The American Spectator, July - August 2010). They are the Ruling Class and we are the Country Class. The battle has been lost, maybe the war.

WOW! I have seen the Georgia Guide Stones, I'll have to reread them.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones#Inscriptions
  1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
  2. Guide reproduction wisely - improving fitness and diversity.
  3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
  4. Rule passion - faith - tradition - and all things with tempered reason.
  5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
  6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
  7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
  8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
  9. Prize truth - beauty - love - seeking harmony with the infinite.
  10. Be not a cancer on the earth - Leave room for nature - Leave room for nature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones#History
One popular hypothesis is that the patron's pseudonym may be a tribute to the legendary 17th-century founder of Rosicrucianism, Christian Rosenkreuz.

I went to Rosicrucian summerschool at Ancient Mystical Order Rosae Crucis head quarters in San Jose, CA, right around the corner from where I was raised, through elementary school (G00gleEarth 1548 Hedding Street).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rosicrucian_Park

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMORC

Last edited:

Ruby

That is precisely Codevilla's point in 'America's Ruling Class - And the Perils of Revolution' (The American Spectator, July - August 2010). They are the Ruling Class and we are the Country Class. The battle has been lost, maybe the war.

WOW! I have seen the Georgia Guide Stones, I'll have to reread them.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones#Inscriptions

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones#History

I went to Rosicrucian summerschool at Ancient Mystical Order Rosae Crucis head quarters in San Jose, CA, right around the corner from where I was raised, through elementary school (G00gleEarth 1548 Hedding Street).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rosicrucian_Park

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMORC

Exactly. Look for another type of deadly virus to raise it's ugly head this fall. After all, they did declare a pandemic this spring. They have not "undeclared" it, or declared an all clear. What better way to eliminate a vast amount of people than by a virus that there is no antidote for? See number 1 on the list.

Number two speaks to eugenics. If you don't know about that, look it up. The Nazis in Germany were starting to implement it with the elevation of the "Ayrian" race, the elimination of anyone with a physical or mental handicap. These policies didn't pop up out of the blue, people. This stuff has been going on for decades behind the scene.

Do your research. Do not pooh pooh things you aren't acquainted with because they seem "out there". Consider the source, the sources qualifications, read with an open mind. My personal opinion is that it is already too late. Why don't they secure our border with Mexico? We have the manpower and the money. It is a lack of will, they want ALL countries in the world on an equal footing so they have to reduce us to the status of a third world country. What better way to do that than to flood the country with poor people from Mexico? It puts a strain on our social services, leads to increased taxes to pay for those social services, etc. This is just one example, there are undoubtly more. So we don't want Obamacare and they impose it on us anyway, we WANT our southern border secured and they won't do it; does anyone else see a trend here?

Ruby

Now, for the rest of the list:

4. Rule passion, faith, tradition, etc. Notice that first word, "Rule". Does that sound like democracy?!?

5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts. What if you don't want protection? Whose fair laws and just courts? Who decides if the laws are fair? Who decides if the courts are just?

6. Let all nations rule internally.... Notice the word "let". To allow; you will have to be granted permission to "rule" your own country.

I think you can probably figure the rest out for yourselves. You may think all of this is garbage and that is certainly your right. Most people in this country have been brainwashed for decades via TV, movies, and the internet. And yes, there is plenty of garbage out there as well. Everyone will have to make up their own minds and do what they think is best.

Status
Not open for further replies.