• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Republican candidate says violent overthrow of government is 'on the table' DallasNew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirbinator

Just throwing a little gasoline on the OT thread here...

Has anyone ever questioned why The Secret Service, a branch of the Treasury, is tasked with protecting the president? One would think that, like most other countries, the President would be protected by a military guard, not a fiscal one. o_O

since9

Campaign Veteran
I went to Rosicrucian summerschool at Ancient Mystical Order Rosae Crucis head quarters in San Jose, CA, right around the corner from where I was raised, through elementary school.

And...What did you learn, Doug? Pray tell.

Yes, I heard, saw, and read the rest - I'm not a stupe. But we'd love to hear the rest of your story.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Just throwing a little gasoline on the OT thread here...

Has anyone ever questioned why The Secret Service, a branch of the Treasury, is tasked with protecting the president? One would think that, like most other countries, the President would be protected by a military guard, not a fiscal one. o_O

Having worked with them extensively, it's simply because their charter with respect to our national treasury at the time involved extenstive law enforcement methods hithero-unknown, and quite beyond previously and contemporarily known methods, so...

...they were chosen.

Having worked with them on several occasions, I can reveal to you that the U.S. Secret Service can "handle the business at hand." Beyond that, I can't reveal much, except they do their job with aplompb.

My hat's off to the lot of them. Good men, all.

Kirbinator

In retrospect, I realize the answer is obvious. As part of the Treasury (who already has all of the money), a training budget is a non-issue.

"Hey Bill, I just came up with a weird scenario."

"Let's train for it."

"OK!"

since9

Campaign Veteran
I chose not to live in fear of the govt. Obama hasn't tried to take my guns.

Just wait until second term, when he has nothing to lose. :shocker: The only reason he signed off on the National Park relaxation was to lull us into a false sense of security so that we'd be looking the other way when he, Hillary, and a mostly Democratic Congress/Senate signed off on a UN/EU gun ban treaty remanescent of the hundreds of other "oh, let's embrace peace!" arms bannings which have occurred throughout history immediately prior to the establishment of a totalitarian regime and its accompanying squash on both civil and human rights.

I don't believe any of those apply today.

Your response was to Huffman's quote from the Declaration of Independance, so I have to ask you whether you honestly believe that none of the provisions contained therein apply today? If not, why did our Founding Fathers simply not burn the Declaration of Independence after they drafted and the 13 original colonies ratified our Constitution?

I submit you should re-read a bit of history, before re-reading the Declaration of Independence in full.

The correct word here is "worked" as in 234 years ago. We don't have a king now. We have a democratically elected president. That's how it works now.

Yes, it does! And were you aware that none of our Founding Fathers ever considered our Constitution to overrule or render inviolate the principles laid forth in their Declaration of Independance? That the very reason many of them spoke of our new nation as a "great experiment" was because they weren't sure if it'd work or not, and they were all prepared to throw in the towel, if need be, and try again?

They knew something to be very true when they wrote, "of the people, by the people, and for the people." They knew that there could never be an overthrow of the government, provided the citizens of our great nation never forgot that we are the government.

Broden is grandstanding, shooting his mouth off. Nevertheless, when he said, "We have a constitutional remedy. And the Framers say if that don't work, revolution," he was correct. That's precisely what the Framers said.

But let's take another look at Doug Huffman's quote from the Declaration of Independance. Does it speak of any "violent overthrow?"

No. It simply says to "alter or abolish" a destructive government which has become destructive to the inalienable rights of "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

Our Founding Fathers had enough wisdom and forsight to include the means of altering the Constitution they drafted. Whether or not they had enough foresight to envision that many and varied ways their original "limited government" would discover or create every little nook and cranny possible to build itself into a massive government remains a part of this "Experiment" we call the United States of America.

So, regardless of what Broden is calling for, our own Founding Fathers laid the groundwork for the "alter or abolish" of our government, the first in both the Declaration of Independance and our Constitution, and the latter only in our Declaration of Independance.

Put simply, I imagine they simply figured that if things got that bad, we'd be headed towards a new and better Constitution, anyway.

Please DO beware, people, of wolves in sheeps' clothing! By that I mean folks coming to you claiming we can "make things better" simply by doing away with the old Constitution and making a newer, better, shinier, brighter, more up-to-date one.

Phooey! Our Constitution has served us rather well these last 234 years, and provided we respect her, as well as adhere to our Founding Fathers' goal towards limited government, she'll continue to serve us well hundreds of years into the future!

It's only when a government outgrows its britches, gets too uppity in attitude, particularly when combined with a lack of governmental experience, too little fiscal oversight/restraint, and too much ignorance among the general populace, that it becomes ripe for an altering, commensurate with our Constitution.

Let us all hope and pray that's as far as any of us ever see it goes, either in our lifetimes, or in those all the way down to our great(x10) grandchildren.

But take yee heed those of you whom have either been elected or appointed to our government: Our Founding Fathers had a breaking point, as do We the People. Let's not go there. And STOP "pushing the edge (envelope)" like some Hollywood fighter jock who's yet to learn self-discipline.

We see right through that s... .

Bottom line: The Rule of Law in our country, all the way up to and including the Law of the Land, our Constitution, allows for alteration. Beware of those who'd alter it for their gain at our demise! But also, if all other avenues of redress have been exhausted, be willing to take the next step, thrice espoused, endorsed, and enacted by our Founding Fathers. I submit it need not be towards any "overthrow," but rather, for a "restoration" commensurate with the provisions contained in our Constitution.

Even then, should that ever become necessary, God Help Us.

Last edited:

Pocono

Campaign Veteran
Democratically elected? You mean more like lied, cheated and stolen elected President. Wonder how many illegal aliens, dead people, and convict votes were tallied. Sorry but I'm really cynical about the election results here when they caught Acorn having registered that fella like 50+ times to vote.

And even more cynical when the New Black Panther Party stands outside a voting place with a nightstick. If this election is like 2008 it's going to be a miracle if any conservative candidates get elected into office, then it'll be a miracle if we have another election.

+ 1,000,000

since9

Campaign Veteran
This thread is full of the crazy.

The crazy WHAT, ShiangShih?

Look, dude, if all you're able to accomplish here is posting inflamatory posts while doing nothing more than trying to rile up the locals, I and many others will seriously and very quickly doubt you're one of us and will very quickly and very seriously and rapidly start to assume you're one of them.

It has NOTHING to do with you name, so don't EVEN begin, there. Rather, it has everything to do with your attitude. If your name was Emeril, or even Derek, everything would be ok.

Salvation isn't isn't in a name. It's in your attitude. You want to find a better life for yourself, son or daughter? Follow me. I might not know how to get you there now, but I WILL get you there sooner or later, and/or die trying.

Leave messages here or with

eye95

ook, dude, if all you're able to accomplish here is posting inflamatory posts while doing nothing more than trying to rile up the locals, I and many others will seriously and very quickly doubt you're one of us and will very quickly and very seriously and rapidly start to assume you're one of them...

After having researched his signature, I have already formed an opinion of where his loyalties lie. Everything he writes is now tainted by the perception that signature creates.

1245A Defender

whoa!

The crazy WHAT, ShiangShih?

Look, dude, if all you're able to accomplish here is posting inflamatory posts while doing nothing more than trying to rile up the locals, I and many others will seriously and very quickly doubt you're one of us and will very quickly and very seriously and rapidly start to assume you're one of them.

It has NOTHING to do with you name, so don't EVEN begin, there. Rather, it has everything to do with your attitude. If your name was Emeril, or even Derek, everything would be ok.

Salvation isn't isn't in a name. It's in your attitude. You want to find a better life for yourself, son or daughter? Follow me. I might not know how to get you there now, but I WILL get you there sooner or later, and/or die trying.

Leave messages here or with

After having researched his signature, I have already formed an opinion of where his loyalties lie. Everything he writes is now tainted by the perception that signature creates.

i think some are reading more into his posts and sig line, than he deserves.

his screen name, is nothing more than a fabled chinese vampire.
he sig line means, "our day will come", i like that line, like, "we will make it to the promised land".

read 20 of his last posts, nothing inflamitory, or pot stirring about them.
mostly about arranging, or going to get togethers, nothing untoward that i saw.

of coarse, ive been wearing my tinfoil hat so there may be nuances that i didnt pick up on!
002-4.jpg

eye95

Just some stating where I am coming from and why. Suggesting researching the sig was just some friendly advice, follow it or no. I don't care.

Others will and come to a startling revelation. I just like folks to keep themselves informed (at least those who wish to know).

Moving on.

oak1971

Wondering why a sympathizer for the Irish Republican Army is opposed to armed rebellion, they seem to go hand in hand....Or is there some sarcastic subplot going on...

Status
Not open for further replies.