• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any Horror stories about OCing in Owensboro KY?

KYKevin

I'm a nub to the forum. Just curious to see if anyone has had any trouble OCing in Owensboro. I never have but, more a less want to know of the trouble spots if any and, if so, where.

I live in owensboro and I have yet to have had any issues. A strange look from someone now and then but even that is rare. :) It is pretty oc friendly here. I have yet to be asked to leave anywhere. (fingers crossed.) Now that I have said that I will get asked to leave somewhere. lol I don't carry all the time like I should. But I still do when I especially feel the need too. Just depends on what I am doing or where I am going.

HiPointFan

Thats good to know my wife and I freaquently enjoy OC and like I said never have we had any trouble. We don't carry them in to work but that goes with out saying.when we walk the dogs, or go fishing, or just general errands its nice to feel that added extra security on the hip! Thanks for the poast.

Smith & Wesson

Never had a problem OCing there. But just a freindly tip, carrying a Highpoint is a bad idea. The gun is total trash. I cant say to much because I have a pending lawsuit but, I baught a brand new 9mm from them. Shot it and on the 5th shot the gun exploded in my hand. I got lucky and just cuts but they refused to return my money so yea but, the gun is just cheaply made. The first thing I learned in buying a gun is you get what you pay for. Im not saying you will have a problem cause you might not, but you should watch out for it just incase.

neuroblades

Never had a problem OCing there. But just a freindly tip, carrying a Highpoint is a bad idea. The gun is total trash. I cant say to much because I have a pending lawsuit but, I baught a brand new 9mm from them. Shot it and on the 5th shot the gun exploded in my hand. I got lucky and just cuts but they refused to return my money so yea but, the gun is just cheaply made. The first thing I learned in buying a gun is you get what you pay for. Im not saying you will have a problem cause you might not, but you should watch out for it just incase.

WOW! When this situation gets to where you can openly discuss it, please post the full story. I'm not a fan of their guns but never thought they'd do that though.

HiPointFan

Not sure what the problem could have been with the Hi Point you had and, not to defend them but, my wife and I have run 500 rounds each through a c9 and a cf380 and never had a bit of trouble. Was it one of their earlier models? I am interested to know!