• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What is the Legality of an ASP in Washington State

xxx.jakk.xxx

Just got me an ASP from TacTailor. It's the 21" Black Chrome. It's nice and feels great, though it is a bit shorter than I thought. They also carry holsters and accessories so I got the Glass Breaker and a Holster. They are, however, getting out of the ASP business because of a lack of interest from people. This means that unless you want to order online, you should go down soon and get one. They are the only local ASP dealer. They only had the 21" and 26", no 16". They also don't have too many left and I believe only in Chrome and Black Chrome. They do have LeverLoc and Friction Lock as well as the batons with flashlights/ pepper spray in them.

I thought y'all would be interested in this since some people were interested in buying a Baton.

John Hardin

you can almost ALWAYS hit someone in the side of the knee ... Nice quick decapitating blow...
SPLORT!
Image4.png
-=>
deadmsn.gif

Your opponent must have their head mounted rather low. :)

xxx.jakk.xxx

You can buy an Asp at any uniform store.

I didn't know that. I checked the ASP website and it only mentioned Tac Tailor

As far as Friction or Lever goes. I'd suggest Lever since it's so damned hard to close the friction one. Even the slightest outward movement that is enough to release the baton will make it stick so good that you won't be able to close it without jamming it into something hard. As for jabs, I almost put a hole in my dad's floor from trying to close the friction lock in his house. I didn't realize just how good it locked until I saw the dents on the floor and the lack of give from the asp. Either Lever or Friction should be good for Jabs.

Beretta92FSLady

(OT) Does anyone know the prices at TacTailor? I've found them online, but with shipping, it adds about $20 for the ASP, SideBreak Scabbard and Glass Breaking end cap.

Yeah, I'm hoping to find some affordable training or someone/ something that will teach me the basics for free. These little guys can get very dangerous. It'd be like being hit with a Steel/ Iron rod... since it is...

I would recommend that you spend good money on a good one. You want something that will hold up. Research what LEO's are carrying...I can't remember the name, but they are about 70 bucks...they also have an option where you can put a pepper spray canister in the handle and by flipping the handle towards the perp there is a button that can be pressed...it is a multi-less-lethal-force collapsible baton...the pepper spray come out in a stream at 90 mph.

xxx.jakk.xxx

I would recommend that you spend good money on a good one. You want something that will hold up. Research what LEO's are carrying...I can't remember the name, but they are about 70 bucks...they also have an option where you can put a pepper spray canister in the handle and by flipping the handle towards the perp there is a button that can be pressed...it is a multi-less-lethal-force collapsible baton...the pepper spray come out in a stream at 90 mph.

I was actually talking about the Shipping came to $20. I agree that you get what you pay for and that you shouldn't shave a few dollars at a cost of quality. I wound up with a 21" ASP Baton. It's just Friction Lock, but that's good enough. It, the Window Breaker, the Federal Holster and a Cloth Flashlight Holder came out to about $130 total. I didn't need the Pepper Spray attachment, but they did have the ones that come with it and they have the reloads.

Beretta92FSLady

I was actually talking about the Shipping came to $20. I agree that you get what you pay for and that you shouldn't shave a few dollars at a cost of quality. I wound up with a 21" ASP Baton. It's just Friction Lock, but that's good enough. It, the Window Breaker, the Federal Holster and a Cloth Flashlight Holder came out to about $130 total. I didn't need the Pepper Spray attachment, but they did have the ones that come with it and they have the reloads.

LOL, I thought you were going to pay 20 bucks for one...that's good to know. When it comes to my sidearm and anything else I carry, I do not go cheap, I like to save a buck like everyone else though, just don't want whatever I am using to fall apart when I need it most.

Last edited:

amlevin

I would recommend that you spend good money on a good one. You want something that will hold up. Research what LEO's are carrying...I can't remember the name, but they are about 70 bucks...

Monadnock is the other one that is popular. Most LEO's used to carry the PR-24 before the collapsible baton became popular.

Here is an example and they are pricey but stout. $100 or so depending on retailer.

http://www.dtdistributors.com/au21exbawiru.html

xxx.jakk.xxx

Monadnock is the other one that is popular. Most LEO's used to carry the PR-24 before the collapsible baton became popular.

Here is an example and they are pricey but stout. $100 or so depending on retailer.

http://www.dtdistributors.com/au21exbawiru.html

Yeah. If I were looking for the $100-$120 price range it would have been the Monadnock. I'd prefer the Autolock to the Friction lock and I like the Autolock over the Leverlock of the ASPs. I am VERY happy with my purchase, though. Even the friction lock makes me happy! =]

maclean

What's your opinion/recommendation? Friction Lock or mechanical lock on an ASP?

Would seem to me that the mechanical lock would be more resistant to collapse when administering jabs.

Your thoughts?

I carry an Asp.

It isn't a poking weapon, to be sure.