Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oregon Concealed Handgun License

Oregon Concealed Handgun License

I've not posted here for quite awhile but I have something that may interest some of you. Is there anybody here that is interested in obtaining and Oregon CHL? If so, post up. I have an avenue that may be of assistance.

ok

im interested. whatcha got?
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

The Grant County, OR Sheriff is very amicable to granting OR CHLs to Washington residents. Generally one has to travel to the county (an eight-hour drive from Tacoma) to turn in the application and fees and only on Wednesdays. Sheriff Palmer will be visiting Vancouver, WA sometime prior to Christmas and offered to meet me there for application turn in, photos, and electronic fingerprints. He also mentioned that it would be great if there were more than the 8-10 that showed up last time he did this. After sending emails back and forth I've volunteered to pass the date (to be determined) to those interested. I am an NRA Instructor and can even provide a block of training including the handgun safety portion required by OR law in order to make application though if one has documentation of training they would not need it from me.

I'll attend.. been meaning to get my Oregon CPL for a while.

Vancouver is closer than most of Oregon, so if I can make it I will.

A little firm-up on the date/time/location and cost and we should be able to get some folks lined up to show up.

Hopefully there will be enough lead time on the notice for folks to make plans.

Let us know right here in this thread.
    No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: The officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets. -- Edward Abbey

• • • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Faciémus!• • •

Or...

you can do this

http://www.mdgunsafety.com/

Quote Originally Posted by RangerAv8r View Post
    The Grant County, OR Sheriff is very amicable to granting OR CHLs to Washington residents. Generally one has to travel to the county (an eight-hour drive from Tacoma) to turn in the application and fees and only on Wednesdays. Sheriff Palmer will be visiting Vancouver, WA sometime prior to Christmas and offered to meet me there for application turn in, photos, and electronic fingerprints. He also mentioned that it would be great if there were more than the 8-10 that showed up last time he did this. After sending emails back and forth I've volunteered to pass the date (to be determined) to those interested. I am an NRA Instructor and can even provide a block of training including the handgun safety portion required by OR law in order to make application though if one has documentation of training they would not need it from me.
    Live Free or Die!

Regular Member WinchesterModel12's Avatar
    Date,time and location?
    I'll be there depending on the date.
    If guns kill people......then all of mine are defective........ UNCLE TED

I'm not sure of the date yet.

And I may not be for awhile; remember this is at his convinience. You guys can try the Maryland online course if you want but take a look at ORS 166.291 (Issuance of concealed handgun license) and determine if you think it will work. Also look through Oregon Firearm Laws to find all the requirements and the Grant County Application. I'll provide the date when I get it and I may be available to provide the training but I am only providing this post for updates to when the Sheriff will make himself available in our state. It is the responsibility of anyone wishing to apply for an Oregon CHL to ensure they have the correct application, credentials, and a way to get to wherever he decides to meet you or the group.

And I may not be for awhile; remember this is at his convinience. You guys can try the Maryland online course if you want but take a look at ORS 166.291 (Issuance of concealed handgun license) and determine if you think it will work. Also look through Oregon Firearm Laws to find all the requirements and the Grant County Application. I'll provide the date when I get it and I may be available to provide the training but I am only providing this post for updates to when the Sheriff will make himself available in our state. It is the responsibility of anyone wishing to apply for an Oregon CHL to ensure they have the correct application, credentials, and a way to get to wherever he decides to meet you or the group.
    Since I have my CHL from Sherrif Palmer from Grant County and used the www.mdgunsafety.com for my requirement I am sure it will work.
    Live Free or Die!

Any chance he can get a little closer to Seattle area than Vancouver? It's hard to justify the trip down, but I will go if that's as close as he can get
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Should be able to set up a carpool when we get a date in place. I'd definitely be interested in heading down there.

I too used the Maryland course, and have obtained my Oregon CHL. Best of luck to all going!

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Since I have my CHL from Sherrif Palmer from Grant County and used the www.mdgunsafety.com for my requirement I am sure it will work.
    Well that's pretty cool. He seems very open to doing whatever he can to help. Since you state the above I will plan on only providing the date when he gives it to me.

I'm in if it's a weekend. can't get away during the week to go that far.
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

I too would like to get my Oregon CHL. I have taken the online course mentioned earlier as well as an NRA safety handgun class from FAS. If we can get a firm date, location and cost it would be great!

i used www.mdgunsafety.com when i got mine in multnomah county

For pictures, what does one need for a qualifying picture? Sort of like a passport photo or something or are photos taken at the time of application?
    Last edited by onlurker; 10-25-2010 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by onlurker View Post
    For pictures, what does one need for a qualifying picture? Sort of like a passport photo or something or are photos taken at the time of application?
    Sheriff Palmer (or other local sheriff) will take your picture at thte time of application.
    Live Free or Die!

I'm very interested. I'd prefer if it was closer to Seattle, but if there's any way for me to make it, I will. I need date / time / cost. My form's already filled out and I have my MD safety printout. .

Sheriff Palmer (or other local sheriff) will take your picture at thte time of application.
    Sounds good to me. Give me a date/time and I'll do what I can to be there.

Sounds good, count me in!
    Gary

I've not posted here for quite awhile but I have something that may interest some of you. Is there anybody here that is interested in obtaining and Oregon CHL? If so, post up. I have an avenue that may be of assistance.
    I live in Hawaii (Washington resident). A few months ago I traveled from Oak Harbor WA. to Colorado to visit my brother. I had serious truck troubles on the way. Seemed OK on the way back. I went through Portland to visit #2 stepson. I was going to drop down to Grant County but did not trust my truck just yet. So I skipped going there. My point in all this talk is let me/us know as soon as possible where, when etc. If all goes well I want to be there. Also I took an online gun course which is acceptable in Oregon from the Maryland Police Training Commission (at least that is what I am told).

The Maryland on line course is what I used 2 weeks ago.
    He will take your pics and prints and check, cash or money order is acceptable for payment. He cannot take credit or debit cards as he has no way to process them.

It only took 11 days for mine to arrive. That includes 4 weekend days and 1 holiday.
    They're over there with their guns!

Weekend would be best for me too. Awaiting the date/time.

Regular Member WinchesterModel12's Avatar
    Anybody have a price that this costs?

If it is on a weekend. I will be there.
    If guns kill people......then all of mine are defective........ UNCLE TED

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast