• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oregon Concealed Handgun License

quentusrex

The Grant County, OR Sheriff is very amicable to granting OR CHLs to Washington residents. Generally one has to travel to the county (an eight-hour drive from Tacoma) to turn in the application and fees and only on Wednesdays. Sheriff Palmer will be visiting Vancouver, WA sometime prior to Christmas and offered to meet me there for application turn in, photos, and electronic fingerprints. He also mentioned that it would be great if there were more than the 8-10 that showed up last time he did this. After sending emails back and forth I've volunteered to pass the date (to be determined) to those interested. I am an NRA Instructor and can even provide a block of training including the handgun safety portion required by OR law in order to make application though if one has documentation of training they would not need it from me.

My wife and I will be there. Just keep the list informed with the date and time. It might be worth it to car pool. Anyone interested? I might have room for 2 from the Tacoma area.

We both just completed the http://mdgunsafety.com training.

Last edited:

xxx.jakk.xxx

It's be nice to be allowed to carry while visiting family down there so please keep us informed. I may have to join y'all in the trip.

RangerAv8r

End of this month or beginning of next.

Got an email from the Sheriff this last week and he will be in Vancouver either at the end of November or the beginning of December. I promise to keep you all informed as soon as I know the finalized time.
M

zbd74

Finished the MD on-line requirement & am pending date & location before a commitment...Thanks for coordinating this
opportunity

Stein

I'll try to make it as well, I have been needing an Oregon license for some time now.

The only fear I have is will the next sheriff renew all of these licenses?

7an

I'm very interested. Will you send a private message or e-mail with an update once you have more information? Thanks!

RangerAv8r

No Word Yet

I have been in email and voice contact with Sheriff Palmer. He was expecting to be in Vancouver prior to December but was ultimately unable. He still expects to be here before Christmas. I will call him Friday the 11th and see if I can nail down a date. Please remember that this is a favor to us and alleviates our need to drive to Grant County, Oregon so we need to remain flexible.
Thanks,
Mike

RangerAv8r

Update!!

Sheriff Palmer emailed me a reply today and now states that he may be in Vancouver potentially in the beginning of January. I appreciate him considering us when he comes out here although I am a bit frustrated that we have no solid date. I will continue to monitor his timing if you guys want me to. Let me know.
Mike

MrGray

Sheriff Palmer emailed me a reply today and now states that he may be in Vancouver potentially in the beginning of January. I appreciate him considering us when he comes out here although I am a bit frustrated that we have no solid date. I will continue to monitor his timing if you guys want me to. Let me know.
Mike

Thanks for keeping us all up to date and pursuing this with Sheriff Palmer. I know we all appreciate it.

Leatherneck

Mike

We appreciate your time. Would definitely like to meet up with him!