• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Orlando Fox 35 highlights Florida Open Carry and Gov race

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Do you really think Gold, not Green will make it to his desk? I'm not trying to stoke your fire.

I want to know your real, honest assessment of the Florida Legislature's interest in drafting and moving on such a bill.

Is it even being mentioned?

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
Do you really think Gold, not Green will make it to his desk? I'm not trying to stoke your fire.

I want to know your real, honest assessment of the Florida Legislature's interest in drafting and moving on such a bill.

Is it even being mentioned?

I will answer by referring you to Senate Bill 234 and House Bill 45... We'll call that a yes.
SB-234 was submitted by the chairman of the Senate Criminal Justice Committee (the committee the bill will be sent to) and I think people will be equally pleased when the identical House version is published.
HB-45 is an even easier sell.

Nay-saying doesn't make good things happen. It is a counterproductive waste of energy that disheartens and moves some people wrong direction. Pick up the phone, write your legislators, come fishing, smile and look presentable for the media. Basically, PITCH IN!

Last edited:

Rich7553

I will answer by referring you to Senate Bill 234 and House Bill 45... We'll call that a yes.
SB-234 was submitted by the chairman of the Senate Criminal Justice Committee (the committee the bill will be sent to) and I think people will be equally pleased when the identical House version is published.

Nay-saying doesn't make good things happen. It is a counterproductive wast of energy that disheartens and moves some people wrong direction. Pick up the phone, write your legislators, come fishing, smile and look presentable for the media. Basically, PITCH IN!

That should be a motto: PITCH IN, QUIT BITCH-IN'. Copyright time.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member

Nay-saying doesn't make good things happen. It is a counterproductive wast of energy that disheartens and moves some people wrong direction. Pick up the phone, write your legislators, come fishing, smile and look presentable for the media. Basically, PITCH IN!

You can't violently relegate me to the sidelines and then act like it's my own fault that you did it... It doesn't hold water.

Making an effort of my own, or even talking about it, was thoroughly stifled and nay-said. I'm not getting into all that again.

Just wanted to know, I've heard nothing about it except a few whispers here. Not a news article, no one in Miami-Dade wailing about the Wild West and Blood in the Streets... I would think the gnashing of teeth and wetting of panties would be impossible to avoid if something like Gold OC was moving in the legislature. Why don't I hear them cursing the Shock Troops and lamenting the poor children? Because they think it hasn't got a chance? No co-signers? Any support that a single member is willing to publicly admit to? Or maybe we have to sneak it in at the last minute without much fanfare or time for the anti's to rally, because if they get a head-start, it'll never happen? FL has more RINOs than CA now, so it's entirely sensible... I've never heard of a pro-gun measure, much less something this contentious, not even being a blip on the radar of the Libs. How can this be? It makes me wonder if it's real when they aren't bleating their mindless screed...

I haven't met anyone who even knows what OC is, that includes at the range and the gun shops near me. Everyone I mention it to frowns and calls it lunacy, tearing off the only-ones argument and touting how special they are that the State gave them a permit to practice the privilege of an only-one... Bleh. Not a single one.

I've already been told I'm not welcome. Since everyone hates my guts, I figure the best encouragement is to offer a prize to the hate-mongers. I've been saying from the beginning I'll eat my words, literally.

Why do you think I say it? I really do have better things to do than troll... The Forum Moderators have helped decimate anyone who tries to make a showing of his/her own.... Blah blah blah, ad nauseum.

Why try? There is really noting I can do except dangle the carrot of watching me eat my words. Which I'll gladly do. I tried to pitch in and was assaulted for my trouble on every occasion that I dared to lift a finger.

This is all you've left me, so this is all you'll get. Make me eat my words. When that day comes, I'll gladly shake your hand and laugh about it while OCing my 1911. Or maybe Glock 20 by then... You pushed me out, and I'm just one guy anyway. I'm sure you can do it without me. In spite of your hatred for me, I wish you the best of luck for all our good.

Doing what I can.