Thread: What kind of records does DPS maintain on Carry Permit Holders?

What kind of records does DPS maintain on Carry Permit Holders?

A buddy told me that when he renewed his Carry Permit at the DPS in Middletown they mentioned how many handguns they had listed on his "card/file". Some of which he said he no longer owns. What the heck is up with this?

Good reason to maintain VERY GOOD logs of all your transactions.

I'm putting my log together now as I just recently got back into shooting sports in general.

As Ed P. mentions on a regular basis, it's ALWAYS a good idea to get copies of all your records on file with the local PD and state. You'd be amazed what you can find!

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by KIX View Post
    Good reason to maintain VERY GOOD logs of all your transactions.

I'm putting my log together now as I just recently got back into shooting sports in general.

As Ed P. mentions on a regular basis, it's ALWAYS a good idea to get copies of all your records on file with the local PD and state. You'd be amazed what you can find!

Jonathan
    It just goes to show you the uselessness of the "registry" they are keeping. They can't keep track of their own DPS-3 forms and yet feel free to make mention of the guns you own (or they think you own). When that list becomes a confiscation order, what happens when you can't produce ALL the guns they "know" you own because their records are crap.

They need to stop keeping lists like that, it's none of their business if we are not prohibited persons.