• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What kind of records does DPS maintain on Carry Permit Holders?

JohnnyO

A buddy told me that when he renewed his Carry Permit at the DPS in Middletown they mentioned how many handguns they had listed on his "card/file". Some of which he said he no longer owns. What the heck is up with this?

KIX

Good reason to maintain VERY GOOD logs of all your transactions.

I'm putting my log together now as I just recently got back into shooting sports in general.

As Ed P. mentions on a regular basis, it's ALWAYS a good idea to get copies of all your records on file with the local PD and state. You'd be amazed what you can find!

Jonathan

GoldCoaster

Good reason to maintain VERY GOOD logs of all your transactions.

I'm putting my log together now as I just recently got back into shooting sports in general.

As Ed P. mentions on a regular basis, it's ALWAYS a good idea to get copies of all your records on file with the local PD and state. You'd be amazed what you can find!

Jonathan

It just goes to show you the uselessness of the "registry" they are keeping. They can't keep track of their own DPS-3 forms and yet feel free to make mention of the guns you own (or they think you own). When that list becomes a confiscation order, what happens when you can't produce ALL the guns they "know" you own because their records are crap.

They need to stop keeping lists like that, it's none of their business if we are not prohibited persons.