• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Had a great day at Leesburg Executive Airport Airshow today (10/23/2010)

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Had great weather and we put on a great airshow. I worked from 0600 to 1700 and OC'ed from about 1000 (when it got warm enough to take off my sweatshirt).. About 20 police, Mayor, Supervisors, Council members, press, FAA, and area VIP's were there. NO isses and only positive comments.
72709_442682111475_647276475_5442802_753683_n.jpg

ed

I though I remembered you saying carry at this airport was OK but was not sure so I did not carry.
Here are the VA airports you can't carry in:
Reagan National Arlington, VA
Charlottesville Regional Charlottesville, VA
Dulles International Chantilly, VA
Lynchburg Municipal Lynchburg, VA
Newport News . Williamsburg Regional Newport News, VA
Norfolk International Norfolk, VA
Richmond International Richmond, VA
Roanoke Regional Roanoke, VA
Shenandoah Valley Regional Staunton, VA

nova

I wanted to make it but things just didn't work out today.

richarcm

I went and OCed. Nobody said anything. The only thing was when I was checking out the hot Porsche GT3 the hot daughter of the owner of the car questioned her father about my gun. I heard him say that in Virginia you can carry concealed or openly and that you dont need a permit to carry openly.

FFchris

Dang it, looks like I missed a fun time. Too bad I was still in TX that day, otherwise I would've been there.

Ed, do you by chance know when the airshow will be next year?

KaosDad

Ed - as long as you were in the golf cart it was almost imposssible to see the sidearm. It was a good show. I always love the aircraft/auto combined events.

I need to buy a tank.

occva

Here are the VA airports you can't carry in:

Lynchburg Municipal Lynchburg, VA

When did Lynchburg change? And why? I have carried there many times in the past. Haven't recently. I have noticed they have an electronic lock on the door now. They wont even let me out to get baggage or tie down when my parents come to visit.

ed

When did Lynchburg change? And why? I have carried there many times in the past. Haven't recently. I have noticed they have an electronic lock on the door now. They wont even let me out to get baggage or tie down when my parents come to visit.
Carry at VA airports was determined by a letter from the AG in 2004:
See: http://www.vcdl.org/aircarrier.html