• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walmart wouldn't sell me ammo

Gunslinger

I would have probably replied that I did not understand what the problem was because the gun I was carrying was already completely full of ammo and I wouldn't be able to put any more in it even if they did sell it to me.

Unfortunately you can't fix stupid.

You read my mind :> I was just about to post the same thing. Like, "the gun is already loaded so if I was going to shoot someone I would have already." Of course, you may need a reload...

Lostlittlerobot

Talked with manager Sara today about this situation. They say a-ok to sell ammo now, but they don't prefer it. I'm in the process of getting a letter, so when this happens again I can have that with me and avoid this. She said walmart doesn't have people come in with guns...and they don't like them...and that she herself called the police when I was in the store on the 23rd. I didn't know they had called the police, I heard them talk about it...but one of them actually did. Made some comment about costco and how everyone's on edge since that happened...the whole conversation was less than satisfying, though she did say I can buy ammo, they just didn't sound sincere in their apology for the mistake.

She was very dismissive about me calling, as if she'd already talked to me before (she assumed that i was 28kfps I guess) and that I had "blasted" the store on the internet for this. Maybe my OP comes off as blasting? I didnt think it did...but I'm definitely blasting now.

Do we maybe want to do a walmart meetup? Since they never have guns in their store? With todays shooting in reno...maybe a terrible idea? Odd timing of it all. That shooting makes me more convinced in wanting to be armed while shopping in walmarts (well I carry everywhere for that exact reason..bad can happen everywhere), how about you?

protias

Talked with manager Sara today about this situation. They say a-ok to sell ammo now, but they don't prefer it. I'm in the process of getting a letter, so when this happens again I can have that with me and avoid this. She said walmart doesn't have people come in with guns...and they don't like them...and that she herself called the police when I was in the store on the 23rd. I didn't know they had called the police, I heard them talk about it...but one of them actually did. Made some comment about costco and how everyone's on edge since that happened...the whole conversation was less than satisfying, though she did say I can buy ammo, they just didn't sound sincere in their apology for the mistake.

She was very dismissive about me calling, as if she'd already talked to me before (she assumed that i was 28kfps I guess) and that I had "blasted" the store on the internet for this. Maybe my OP comes off as blasting? I didnt think it did...but I'm definitely blasting now.

Do we maybe want to do a walmart meetup? Since they never have guns in their store? With todays shooting in reno...maybe a terrible idea? Odd timing of it all. That shooting makes me more convinced in wanting to be armed while shopping in walmarts (well I carry everywhere for that exact reason..bad can happen everywhere), how about you?

I'm pretty sure all the Walmart stores received the corporate memo about not infringing upon people's right to carry.

Lostlittlerobot

I'm pretty sure all the Walmart stores received the corporate memo about not infringing upon people's right to carry.

Well clearly its an on going problem, hence why I'd like to have a copy of that memo and just avoid this all again...cause it happened about a year ago too. So a year from now...I'd have the letter and they'd maybe not call the police on me again =)

Haz.

"She said walmart doesn't have people come in with guns...and they don't like them..."

Selling ammo and not liking guns or those who have guns is saying to the cuistomer, "Yes, we sell petrol, we dont like cars, and we dont like people coming onto our driveway to refuel their cars. If you need fuel, you can leave your car out on the street. You may bring in your jerry cans or 44 gal. drums, buy your fuel, and refule out on the street even at home because as I said, we dont like cars. What a crack up. Haz.

protias

Selling ammo and not liking guns or those who have guns is saying to the cuistomer, "Yes, we sell petrol, we dont like cars, and we dont like people coming onto our driveway to refuel their cars. If you need fuel, you can leave your car out on the street. You may bring in your jerry cans or 44 gal. drums, buy your fuel, and refule out on the street even at home because as I said, we dont like cars. What a crack up. Haz.
lol

Jack House

:lol:

28kfps

Lostlittlerobot, this sounds to me like a very personal issue for the female manager you were talking to. I have only talked to the manager Mike for less than 5 minutes on the phone. Mike, I believe he called himself the night manger sounded sincere and apologized for what the customer I had referred to went through. It was my read by his comments this was a no brainier issue for corporate either. He did say they would have no problem with someone with sidearm buying ammo. I made sure he and corporate knew like many I was a visitor of a pro-gun blog site. The intent was to let them know many pro-gun persons shop at Wal-mart stores and will be quick to spread any anti gun issues that may come from a Wal-mart or any store for that matter. I also told the corporate office one of the best recruiting efforts Sam’s Club enjoys is Cost Cos no gun rule. The e-mail I sent to the corporate office was direct professional as I could make it with no name-calling or inappropriate wording. Basically I said I have read and been told Wal-Mart corporate policy was to comply with the state gun laws the store was located in. I shared some of your details and said this store put one of their customers through a very unpleasant and tense situation with total disregard to the company policy and it was posted on a nationwide blog. So much for the blasting. Looks like the only person not fully on board with the corporate policy at this store is the female manager.

Last edited:

Lostlittlerobot

walmart wont sell me ammo, again haha

Store #4356 rainbow and 215. I went in to buy some .223 while carrying my 9mm springfield xd. clerk said no. department manager said no. I once again calmly asked to see a store manager, and after waiting Steven the assistant manager showed up, and I explained how just 2 weeks ago I went through this, with corp. got the apology/invited back to walmart/etc. He said he'd make the call to sell me the rifle ammo since I clearly couldn't fit .223 into my handgun. I also encouraged him to let the whole department know so it wouldn't happen again, and asked if I had wanted to buy pistol ammo, would his decision differ? He said it might, he'd have to look into it...so I encouraged him to, so that next time I wanted to buy pistol ammo I wouldn't need to get him again. He said he'd look into it, but I wanted to leave (milk and eggs and junk had to get into fridge). I explained the whole situation 2 weeks ago, gave him the #5070 managers names (mike and sara and victor) who said they made a mistake and it wasn't a policy of walmart to deny service because a customer is armed.

Still waiting on the store 5070 to get back to me with a letter or email. On the phone they said they'd mail me one or let me know via phone, and I think they forgot. I might call tomorrow or later tonight.

Just keepin ya'll up to date...cause apparently this isn't happening to you EVERYTIME you go to walmart as of late. I'm surprised not to see more complaints here, since I've had about a dozen walmart employee's now tell me in several different stores that they can't sell to armed customers.

Nevada carrier

I just went to the store at rainbow/215 on Wednesday and purchased 2 different calibers of handgun ammo and also a box of 100x .223 while I was armed with my 1911. I didn't get any grief whatsoever. It is annoying that they don't have their ammo case out where I can see what's in stock and I have to ask them to run to the back and tell me what they have and how much it is.

28kfps

The Wal-mart web site has a place to click on where you can send them an e-mail. I got a phone call the next day. May be if more send e-mails saying Wal-mart is being watched by a nationwide blog and depending on their actions on this issue it may have a major negative effect on their customer base.

Last edited:

Nevada carrier

I've long thought I was just cursed...but now I'm starting to see evidence of it. =p

What time of the day NV Carrier? Do you remember the clerk that helped you?

on the two occasions I've made such a purchase, the last time was early in the evening perhaps around 8 pm. the time before was quite late at night probably between midnight and 1 am. Both times I had to hunt for someone working SG that could access the ammo locker. I do not recall the names because I had no problems.

merle

I've gone into the Carson City Walmart OC'ng and purchased a few hundred rounds of ammo at a time. The only problem I have is the credit card machine in the back only works 50% of the time.

Last edited:

crzyjarmans

your right

your right,can never tell went thing are going to good bad,carry at al times,even when I'm at home