• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Local PD tell me i can't shoot on private property due to complaints?? WTF!

Rich B

Some people may make a post here, that may be a regular, that "vaguely" applies to OC or litigation in general. I like the idea of a slight expansion to cover legal issues.

I don't think discussing whether or not our state and towns have policing powers or not falls under 'vaguely applying'.

KIX

I was playing the devils advocate there.

I think the OP here is valid.

Jonathan

Butch00

Butch,

This forum is dedicated solely to gun rights within the framework of the US Constitution and the laws of the federal government and of the several states. Those who believe that states and localities do not have police power or similar such nonsense will not find a home here.

John
I did not advocate anything illegal, I said research, and educate yourself.
You can use civil process to go after the cops that violate your constitutional Rights personally.
I have no problem with police power as long as it is used under Constitutional guidelines.
When a cop takes an oath to uphold the Constitution then violates that oath, he commits a felony.
That's where I have a problem. As soon as a cop violates his oath he should be fired.
If I'm not welcome here so be it.
Being from Alaska I am from a FREE State where I can carry anyway I chose almost anywhere
I want without any hassles. So I guess I'll stop trying to help people.

dcmdon

I did not advocate anything illegal, I said research, and educate yourself.
You can use civil process to go after the cops that violate your constitutional Rights personally.
I have no problem with police power as long as it is used under Constitutional guidelines.
When a cop takes an oath to uphold the Constitution then violates that oath, he commits a felony.
That's where I have a problem. As soon as a cop violates his oath he should be fired.
If I'm not welcome here so be it.
Being from Alaska I am from a FREE State where I can carry anyway I chose almost anywhere
I want without any hassles. So I guess I'll stop trying to help people.

This sight has some of the best minds in CT when it comes to assertively exercising our rights within the law.

I completely understand why the OP would post here. I think he should be allowed to.

With respect to the 1st amendment, it only applies to governments. In summary, this is a privately owned and operated internet site, if you don't like their rules you are free to go somewhere else.

Don

Rich B

This sight has some of the best minds in CT when it comes to assertively exercising our rights within the law.

I completely understand why the OP would post here. I think he should be allowed to.

With respect to the 1st amendment, it only applies to governments. In summary, this is a privately owned and operated internet site, if you don't like their rules you are free to go somewhere else.

Don

I don't understand how your statements have any context with the person you quoted.

dcmdon

YOu're right. I quoted the wrong guy.

I meant to quote:
Lenny Benedetto
Seems like there are some new Admins on this site that do not realize that any discussion about guns on here is good discussion.

I have been posting on this site for about 2 years and have only recently seen posts by admins that seem to be threatening to the posters (2 very recently)

Maybe the First amendment died while we were discussing the Second amendment...LOL